Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Options
Okay, eight days I totally revamped my form of oral intake. No processed sugars, low on the starches. Now, ultimately I did this to lose those extra pounds I've gained, but also because I have gastrointestinal issues and wanted to see if I could improve my health in this regard. It's awesome how much better I feel. More energy plus no pain, and a fully functional intestinal system. Haven't had that since I don't know when. But sadly, no real weight loss. I'm not frustrated or even discouraged because I'm pretty siked about feeling well.

But I'm wondering...has anyone else ever changed their diet drastically and found that there was no weight loss initially, but then with time and steadiness, it then started to come off. I wonder if my body is just taking its sweet old time adjusting. Yes, I eat my exercise calories (yummy), and my diet consists of a whole lots of vegetables, seafood, nuts, milk, etc. I also exercise 5-7 times a week with cardio and weights (which I have been doing for the past year).

It's funny that I'm plateuing from the get-go, but maybe it's just my body. Never has been normal. Goes with my mind :tongue: or what's left of it.

Thanks for listening :)

Replies

• iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Okay, eight days I totally revamped my form of oral intake. No processed sugars, low on the starches. Now, ultimately I did this to lose those extra pounds I've gained, but also because I have gastrointestinal issues and wanted to see if I could improve my health in this regard. It's awesome how much better I feel. More energy plus no pain, and a fully functional intestinal system. Haven't had that since I don't know when. But sadly, no real weight loss. I'm not frustrated or even discouraged because I'm pretty siked about feeling well.

But I'm wondering...has anyone else ever changed their diet drastically and found that there was no weight loss initially, but then with time and steadiness, it then started to come off. I wonder if my body is just taking its sweet old time adjusting. Yes, I eat my exercise calories (yummy), and my diet consists of a whole lots of vegetables, seafood, nuts, milk, etc. I also exercise 5-7 times a week with cardio and weights (which I have been doing for the past year).

It's funny that I'm plateuing from the get-go, but maybe it's just my body. Never has been normal. Goes with my mind :tongue: or what's left of it.

• Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

Sounds like you've got it figured out by simply posting your thoughts here.:bigsmile: Yes sometimes when we change up and give up the crap, weight doesn't always drop right off for some folks...we're all different, and the important part right now is you have no more pain and feel much better:drinker: :happy: , the rest will come as your body adjusts:wink:
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you've got it figured out by simply posting your thoughts here.:bigsmile: Yes sometimes when we change up and give up the crap, weight doesn't always drop right off for some folks...we're all different, and the important part right now is you have no more pain and feel much better:drinker: :happy: , the rest will come as your body adjusts:wink:
    I knew you'd come through for me FC. :heart: Thanks. Although I guess I did have it figured out, a little confirmation from my MFP buddies out there makes the ongoing life change that much more fun. :wink:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    I knew you'd come through for me FC. :heart: Thanks. Although I guess I did have it figured out, a little confirmation from my MFP buddies out there makes the ongoing life change that much more fun. :wink:
    LOL Oh I hear ya Girl, we can sort it out but then still wonder and then to hear it from another makes it mean even more sense at times.:flowerforyou: :tongue: