Size 8-9 in pants, but muffin top says otherwise!!

Options
So I know you can't target weight loss. You eat well, exercise, and lose from all over usually. and your Stomach area is usually one of the hardest places to lose from. But I am so frustrated. I have lost about 4 lbs. About, my waist can fit into a size 8 perfectly. But because of my stomach. It won't button.... SOB! Seriously. I need to lose my stomach, so when I wear the right size. I dont have muffin freakin top. Anyone have this problem... Share?

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    It means you are not currently a size 8! I can squeeze myself into a size 6 but it looks like I am stuffing 10 pounds of crap in a 5 pound bag!

Wear clothes that fit you and keep working at it via diet and exercise. You will be a real size 8 in no time!
  • Pisc2749
    Pisc2749 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have the same issue, it's the first place I gain and the last place I lose. I had to wear baggy 12's for a year because the waist in a 10 was too tight. Now I'm happy to say I can fit into 10's fine. It comes off if you continue to lose, it just takes longer to catch up to the rest of you.

Sometimes I would get an extender or make one with a rubber band. Yes it's tacky but it worked. You loop the band around the button hole on your pants, then pull the ends over your button for an extra inch or so to give yourself a little extra room in the waist until you lose more. I can't explain it better than that, I'm sure there is a youtube video or something showing how to do it.
  • CiciPorcayo
    CiciPorcayo Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    My problem is... is a 10 or 9 doesn't fit me in the butt or legs and always falls off so I am totally showing crack every chance I get! It isn't cute....
  • minni2906
    Options
    I have the same problem, sort of. I agree with the other people, if you have a muffin top, you don't actually fit a size 8, but at the same time, a 10 may be falling off. That's my issue. I CAN wear a 15, but with a muffin top, usually hidden by a sweatshirt, or loose shirt. But when I wear a 17, there's no muffin top, but I need a belt because they will fall down without one. The should make "half" sizes!! Hahaha.
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I lost most of my 15lbs in my stomach/face// so when I wear jeans I have to wrap my belt around me because my waist is small and my hips are huge. Just the shape we were given. waist 26" hips 42" you can imagine..
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Get the right size and wear a belt until you need a smaller size.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Try a 9 or 10 skinny pant. They are often more generous in the waist, but look like a normal pant in the hips and legs if your tummy is the problem.
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    So I know you can't target weight loss. You eat well, exercise, and lose from all over usually. and your Stomach area is usually one of the hardest places to lose from. But I am so frustrated. I have lost about 4 lbs. About, my waist can fit into a size 8 perfectly. But because of my stomach. It won't button.... SOB! Seriously. I need to lose my stomach, so when I wear the right size. I dont have muffin freakin top. Anyone have this problem... Share?

Yep, I know EXACTLY what you mean! My sz 10s are uber-baggy now and I just bought my first pair of 8s that fit great but I still manage to have a muffin top with both the 10s and the 8s. Just the way we're shaped!

ETA: higher waisted pants do help some. The Gap boot cut jeans don't look like mom jeans to me and are higher waisted than a lot of other brands.
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I totally feel ya. I'm a size 6 on the bottom but I still have a belly and love handles. I feel a little disproportionate at the moment but I am hoping the last of my weight comes off of my belly because when I was thin before, this was not my body shape!
  • kyrstensmom
    kyrstensmom Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    If they don't button, they don't fit. Try a different cut of a larger sized jeans, and maybe it will fit your thighs/butt better AND button.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    If you have a muffin top, you're not an 8. Muffin tops come from stuffing yourself into pants that are simply too small.

Try looking at other cuts and brands in the right size. In my experience, no two pair of jeans are the same.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I am guilty of buying the Juniors sizes (9,11,15 off numbers are juniors) when I am between sizes. Look for jeans with lycra in the material (more common in juniors as well) this helps them hold shape in the legs thighs & butt while giving a bit in the waist
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    My size 14 (UK) jeans fit perfectly around my hips but then they're gaping around my waist - my skinny jeans are skinny until half way down my thighs then not so much the rest of the way down...meh
  • MaggieMay131
    MaggieMay131 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Shop around until you find a pants style that fits everywhere. Or, buy a pair that fits in the waist/stomach, then have them tailored. Remember, you are unique, and clothes are made to fit a mannequin.
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I just slipped into 34's, yet my fat drools over the sides, and in time, given the right diet and exercise, this goes away.
    It takes effort and time with a focus on overall body fat loss.

You can do it!
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    Get the right size and wear a belt until you need a smaller size.

Agree, just buy a belt until you fit into an 8 without the muffin top.
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    Remember, you are unique, and clothes are made to fit a mannequin.

I like that
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    My problem is... is a 10 or 9 doesn't fit me in the butt or legs and always falls off so I am totally showing crack every chance I get! It isn't cute....

I hear ya.

Have you tried multiple brands? I find cheaper bands are too tight on my thighs and too loose in the waist, where as a better brand in the same size fits properly.
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I have a couple pairs of pants that are just a bit tighter in the waist (I've always been thick-waisted) but fit loose everywhere else. I was having the same problem. Then I discovered shape-wear. POOF - muffin top and back-rolls are smoothed out and the pants look great on me.
  • lgammy
    lgammy Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Try Curve ID from Levi's.