Kinect Games?

Options
We bought a kinect for the xbox 360 and so far I have loved it for working out. I'm not familiar with any of the newer games but I have Kinect Sports (the first one) and Your Shape Fitness.
Does anyone have any recommendations for new games that that have tried?
I'm looking to expand my collection :)
Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Priincess_Natalie
    Priincess_Natalie Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in this as well. We just got our Kinect so I don't have any games. I love anything High Intensity. Would you say the Kinect Sports or the Your Shape Fitness are worth buying or not so much?
  • jessicamckay13
    Options
    We played...some sports game and some fitness game while at a party on Friday night. As well as the dance one.

The sports one didn't seem that intense, the boxing was fun though! I did a 10 minute bootcamp thing on the fitness one which was really fun and it could be a workout. The dance one I must have burned a million cals just laughing!
  • MattArcade
    MattArcade Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I did reply to this but did not show :( Best games are:

Dance Central
    Kinect sports 1 or 2
    Ea active sports 2 (get a 2nd hand copy of this)
    Your shape fitness
    Any dance game

ea active sports you can set up training logs and use your home weights with - its ok not fantastic but maybe suggest renting it out to see if you like it.

Kinect sports 1 and 2 are great and the best games for kinect. They have calorie burning mini games and they get a good sweat out of you. Plus its about having fun at the same time.

Dance central is a fave and if you wanna dance like MJ then theres his game too which is not bad...but on some you have to show your singing voice :)

Any other questions fire away :)
  • sweetcheeks27
    sweetcheeks27 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I love kinect sports. I'm going to get the second season I think pretty soon. Kinect Sports after an hour I am sweating like a cow and have burned around 600-800 calories if I do a lot of the track and field games. I have rented Dance central but didn't really like it. :/

Thanks for the feedback Mattyd I think I will rent Ea sports :)
  • SpringFever19
    SpringFever19 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Agree with all these responses- Your Shape is good, LOVE Dance Central, and also have MJ Experience, but the singing part can be a pain lol; have fun!
  • leannelately
    leannelately Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    We bought an X-box and Kinect on Sunday just to play Dance Central. I played DC1 on Saturday night and had to buy the system. I actually bought DC2 so my boyfriend and I can dance at the same time. It is SO much fun! A great workout and if you have a dance background, which I do, it's even better because you're really dancing. Not just throwing your hands in the air like with the Wii.
  • gipperakh
    gipperakh Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend just bought a Kinect also and he bought the Just Dance 3 game...he was sweating after dancing to 3 songs lol.
  • mrsrice86
    mrsrice86 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I love my kinect! I have the Zumba game which is great, and also UFC Trainer which is a great workout!!
  • shawneez75
    shawneez75 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I got theBiggest Loser workout that they used 2 seasons ago during an on tv challenge and let me tell you...it is amazing! It logs your body frame and will give suggested workouts...

You sweat and are part of the workout...Bob's voice tells you your knees need to be higher or your not moving fast enough...no slacking on this one thats for sure!
  • pixlamarque
    pixlamarque Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love my Kinect. I hate to excercise, so this way it is more like playing. I can burn some serious calories on the Kinect Adventures playing Reflex Ridge. Adventures is fun, but the down time between games is too long, so it is more for burning fun time calories. I have Your Shape Evolved and I love the Cardio Boxing. There are expansion packs that you can download as well. I am going to get one of the boxing ones and the Gunnar Peterson workout. I don't have any other games yet, but I think Santa is bringing me some. The only thing I can say is wear your heart rate monitor! On Your Shape Evolved it shows calories burned and it is wayyyyy off. This morning it showed 52 but my heart rate monitor calculated 325. I'm hoping I get one of the dance games (even though I hate pop music) since everyone has such good things to say about them.
  • Spooke73
    Spooke73 Posts: 1
    Options
    A hard hour on Kinect Adventures Reflex Ridge burns about 215 calories per hour. Friends tell me that any of the Wipe-out games are really brutal. That will be the next try. You find a better let us know.
  • mmklinemm
    mmklinemm Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Kung Fu Panda makes me work. :)
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    The Dance Central games are FUN, FUN, FUN!!!! I highly recommend getting them if you want to sweat bullets!! :bigsmile:
  • splucy
    splucy Posts: 353
    Options
    I have the Kinnect and LOVE IT!

I have Your Shape Fitness and Your Shape Fitness 2012. I also have Dance Central 1 and 2. Fantastic games!

I have the Biggest Loser game but am yet to try it out :) but my fave game out of all of them is Your Shape Fitness 2012. Brilliance!
  • poopoomonkey1978
    poopoomonkey1978 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    if you like high intensity I would suggest the ufc trainer. You can preset programs for 30 or 60 days and it does work if you do the program they set for you
  • shanny72mc
    Options
    I have the Just Dance 3 and Dance Central which I love! I also have a zumba video for the kinect which I'm learning to like..
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I have the Zumba game and it is pretty fun. Any of the dance games I've tried on Kinect get old fast though. I still prefer old school DDR to them.

The most fun game I've tried on Kinect is Kinect Sports. You already mentioned it, but incase anyone else is wondering. It can be quite a workout. My husband has yet to beat me at the boxing. Ha! I also love the track and field. The long jump is super, super fun!
  • ForeverIrish
    ForeverIrish Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I have Your Shape, Zumba Fitness, Kinect Sports, Black Eyed Peas Experience, Just Dance 3, Dance Central, and the UFC game. I tried the Jillian Michaels game and it wouldn't work. I returned it to Best Buy and got a new one, and they were both defective!

Boxing! I like the boxing in the Your Shape game and the Bollywood dancing. The first games on it are great too. Many of the games offer a lot of variety, which is nice. To me, from what I've heard, the XBOX is a lot better than the Wii for this type of thing, but I've never tried the Wii. I can only go by what I've heard from friends, including one that has both systems.

I haven't used the UFC game much, but what I've used, I really like. I have a friend that uses it religiously and loves it, and it provides him a killer workout.