FRAME SIZE DOES MATTER!

I found this website that tells you how you can tell if you have a small, medium, or large frame. This way you know for sure how much you should weigh. I found out I am a small frame, and being 5'4, I can weight between 120-132 lbs, and my goal is 120 so I'm right on track!
use this link so you know if you are in a healthy weight range! It does not ask if you are male or female however

http://www.healthcentral.com/diet-exercise/ideal-body-weight-3146-143.html

Replies

• hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    I found this website that tells you how you can tell if you have a small, medium, or large frame. This way you know for sure how much you should weigh. I found out I am a small frame, and being 5'4, I can weight between 120-132 lbs, and my goal is 120 so I'm right on track!
    use this link so you know if you are in a healthy weight range! It does not ask if you are male or female however

http://www.healthcentral.com/diet-exercise/ideal-body-weight-3146-143.html

doesn't work for me :(..My fingers overlap (small frame), but at the highest of the weight range, I'll have 0% body fat....o well
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Wow, this seems way too extreme.
    I mean, I know I'm short (5'0), but this is saying I shouldn't weight more than 105lbs and it called me overweight at my current weight, which puts me in the mid/low range of a healthy BMI.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    yeah I'm kind of in between small and medium (my fingers overlap but just the tips) so I checked out both and they both said I should weigh more than what the BMI chart says and the low end of the medium frame was what I weighed at 24% body fat and I like to stay around 19%. oh well
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Sigh. Just means I need to weigh even less to be healthy.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    double post, sorry
  • staceyGO
    staceyGO Posts: 376
    I find this helpful, thanks!!
  • lessac
    lessac Posts: 105 Member
    Needless to say, a calculator that doesn't take gender into account is not even remotely accurate.
  • OMG!!! Thank you for posting this!! I have been stuck between 165 and 174 for a year, and so frustrated because, while I work out daily and have body fat of around 24%, I am above all of the regular charts ideal weight range. This one said at 5'7", with my large frame I should weigh between 158 and 173.8. That makes me feel so much better!! I still want to get to the 150s, but at least it feels like I am not going crazy!!!
  • Thank you for the link. I just tried it out and my goal is right in the middle. I was never sure if my goal was a healthy one or not. Thanks again!
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,900 Member
    :smile:
  • I found this website, which has gender and asks you to measure your wrist rather than if your fingers touch. I can touch my fingers around my wrist even though my wrist is 7" making me a large frame. I just have man hands lol

http://www.dietandfitnesstoday.com/bodyFrame.php
  • brit49
    brit49 Posts: 461 Member
    Im small frame and over weight by 4.4 which is just about what I have to lose.
  • lessac
    lessac Posts: 105 Member
    I found this website, which has gender and asks you to measure your wrist rather than if your fingers touch. I can touch my fingers around my wrist even though my wrist is 7" making me a large frame. I just have man hands lol

http://www.dietandfitnesstoday.com/bodyFrame.php

That seems good.
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Not good!!

Ideal weight range is 90 - 99 lbs. (40.9 - 45 kg.).
    You are overweight by 11 lbs. (5 kg.).

I haven't been that weight since I was in high school!
    I'm around 110 lbs now and that's small for me. Don't think I want to go below 105.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    problem I have is, I've always had really thin wrists and long thin fingers, but my frame is definitely medium as I've never been small chested or around hips, even when I had a waist in my younger years.. lol!

According to medium frame I'm only 3lbs over which is great news! .. but if going on small frame I'm about a stone overweight still and would still be over if I did reach my goal of 133lbs!

According to one I found I should be between 119-147lbs there's no way I'm gonna get under 130 or look healthy there as also 42 now, it doesn't take into account age either?
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    hmmm..its telling me I am underweight..but I am 27% BF...with about 2% more to lose...
  • This is great, thanks!
  • FitnessBarbie99
    FitnessBarbie99 Posts: 277 Member
    This isn't working for me either. I've done similar tests based on additional measurements - pelvic bone, etc. and I have a medium frame. I have long bones -- 6 footer. This says I have a small frame ... nope.
  • babyshme
    babyshme Posts: 310 Member
    On one wrist my fingers touch. On the other wrist, the lap each other.