Fun get-your-butt-movin' Wii games?

Options
Hey everyone,

My boyfriend got his then-5-year-old boy a Wii for Christmas last year. Since I'm not a video game person (I'd rather the kids go find something else to play with, especially outdoors) I thought, "oh well, at least it's the one that most of the games force you to move around and have fun family games." However I'm finding that most of the games they have now are still sit-on-the-couch-and-kinda-move-your-arms-around games. I'd like to get him a game or two but I want to get ones that make you actually move around while standing up and perhaps even some jumping around. What are your suggestions?

Keep in mind he's only 6 and still working on coordination. Plus, it's for boys so I don't know how well the dancing games would go over.

Replies

• juma4474
    juma4474 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    My boys (ages 4 & 5) are not allowed to play our Wii, they think it is for adults lol but we have one because I wanted to Wii fit. Anyway, they love to watch us play the Wii Sports, there are some he might really get into like boxing that definitely get him moving and even give me sweating.

If you play with him and box against him I'm sure he'll be even more apt to play.
  • khartley535
    khartley535 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    My son is 6 and asked for Just Dance for our Wii for Christmas. I'm sure he won't be following the choreography, he just likes to boogie. Also, he really likes playing the Wii Sports. He'll stand in the middle of the living room and box, play baseball or golf or tennis. Oh and the bowling is fun too. Shouldn't be too hard for him, just takes a bit of practice. The most important part of it is to not let him sit down to play. Make him stand up and make sure that remote is secure to his wrist. And play it with him!!!