Egg Rolls

Options
JasiBella
JasiBella Posts: 1,168
1 teaspoon Fresh Ginger, minced
3/4 Cup Carrots, shredded (approx. 2 carrots)
2 Medium Garlic Cloves, minced
1 Tablespoon Low Sodium Soy Sauce
2 Medium Scallions (white and green parts), chopped
1 Cup Cooked Rice
1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
1 Small Head Cabbage, shredded
18 Egg Roll Wrappers
Nonstick Cooking Spray

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray. Place cabbage in a microwavable dish and cover. Microwave on high until wilted, about 5-10 minutes. Drain, and transfer to a large bowl. Add ginger, carrots, garlic, soy sauce, scallions, pepper and rice. Mix well. Arrange egg roll wrappers on a clean, dry surface. Spoon 1/3 cup of cabbage mixture diagonally onto a wrapper, then fold one corner to cover filling. Fold up both corners on the sides. Moisten edges of remaining flap with water and roll up wrapper jellyroll style until sealed. (Some egg roll wrappers have the folding directions illustrated on the back of the package). Transfer egg rolls to prepared baking sheet and coat with cooking spray. Bake until golden brown, about 25 minutes.

Serves: 18
Per Serving: 75 Calories; trace Fat (2.6% calories from fat); 3g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 3mg Cholesterol; 173mg Sodium

http://www.aimeesadventures.com/RecipeFiles/MainDishes1/EggRolls.html

Replies

• JasiBella
    Options
    1 teaspoon Fresh Ginger, minced
    3/4 Cup Carrots, shredded (approx. 2 carrots)
    2 Medium Garlic Cloves, minced
    1 Tablespoon Low Sodium Soy Sauce
    2 Medium Scallions (white and green parts), chopped
    1 Cup Cooked Rice
    1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
    1 Small Head Cabbage, shredded
    18 Egg Roll Wrappers
    Nonstick Cooking Spray

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray. Place cabbage in a microwavable dish and cover. Microwave on high until wilted, about 5-10 minutes. Drain, and transfer to a large bowl. Add ginger, carrots, garlic, soy sauce, scallions, pepper and rice. Mix well. Arrange egg roll wrappers on a clean, dry surface. Spoon 1/3 cup of cabbage mixture diagonally onto a wrapper, then fold one corner to cover filling. Fold up both corners on the sides. Moisten edges of remaining flap with water and roll up wrapper jellyroll style until sealed. (Some egg roll wrappers have the folding directions illustrated on the back of the package). Transfer egg rolls to prepared baking sheet and coat with cooking spray. Bake until golden brown, about 25 minutes.

Serves: 18
    Per Serving: 75 Calories; trace Fat (2.6% calories from fat); 3g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 3mg Cholesterol; 173mg Sodium

http://www.aimeesadventures.com/RecipeFiles/MainDishes1/EggRolls.html
  • MellyG426
    MellyG426 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am in :heart: with egg rolls!!! No, I do not cave in to the little fried demons, but now with this recipe, I may find something healthier that I like.

Thank you very much Jasibella! :drinker:
  • JasiBella
    Options
    You are very welcome:flowerforyou:
    I've been craving for egg rolls:bigsmile: