LOSE SKIN EXERCISE HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

Options
Hey guys hope everyone is striving on their Journey to better health!!!!....
So now to this lose skin....I have lost a total of 19 lbs since Nov 17th and I am surprisingly already starting to see a bit of lose skin on my stomach and Boobies. Does anyone know of any at home exercises I can do to Tighten up my arms, legs, stomach etc. while I am dropping the pounds, because i would hate to lose the weight and not be able to show a little skin after!!!....Please help any advice would be great right now THANKS IN ADVANCE GUYS:-)

Replies

• 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Strength Training will help some...
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    That's a lot of weight loss for two months. Your skin might take up to a year or so to recover. based on age, genetics etc.
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    That's a lot of weight loss for two months. Your skin might take up to a year or so to recover. based on age, genetics etc.

I agree.
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I would love to hear more responses, I have lost all my weight in 11 months. I am doing some strength training for the last 3 or 4 months. It helps improve it some, but still got plenty, one of these days I will post some loose skin pics, when I build up enough courage.
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I lost 30 pounds a few years ago. The skin has gotten better everywhere but when I bend over to do planks, my stomach sags. When I stand up it is okay, but it still bothers me that it sags when I do the planks because I have worked hard. I don't know if it will ever be tight again. I think I might just use duct tape.
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I lost 30 pounds a few years ago. The skin has gotten better everywhere but when I bend over to do planks, my stomach sags. When I stand up it is okay, but it still bothers me that it sags when I do the planks because I have worked hard. I don't know if it will ever be tight again. I think I might just use duct tape.

duct tape might hurt a little especially for me I got some hair on my chest, I will try saran wrap
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I would just keep it moisturized and keep up the good work. Time will help the skin to snap back some, and there may be some that doesnt go away. But, I would rather have the skin than the previous contents of that skin! Way to go!
  • juma4474
    juma4474 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    First off, Congrats on losing weight. Keep up the good work.

I have lost a total of 126lbs and although I lost is slowly over the course of a year and a half I had a lot of excess skin on my thighs, lowerback and abdomin. Unfortunately, time has helped some and losing weight slowly and in a healthy manner will help, it will not ever all go away. Genetics and just the shear amount of stretching is impossible for your skin to recover from.

Trust me, the skin is borthersome because you do work so hard but it is so much better than what was there before. I feel awesome now and I love myself way more now than I did at 258lbs. Don't get frustrated over the excess skin yet, you are early in your journey. Only time will be able to tell how much your skin will snap back and how much you will have left actually sagging.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,667 Member
    Options
    You can't exercise to spot "fix" any area of the body. Lose skin is a combination of real skin and/or fat still under the skin. It may or may not retract. This is why it's much better to slowly lose weight rather than to quickly take it off. If you can't stand it, then surgery is the next option.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ShannieRay
    ShannieRay Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    THANX FOR ALL OF THE RESPONSES GUYS VERY HELPFUL:happy:
  • ShannieRay
    Options
    You can't exercise to spot "fix" any area of the body. Lose skin is a combination of real skin and/or fat still under the skin. It may or may not retract. This is why it's much better to slowly lose weight rather than to quickly take it off. If you can't stand it, then surgery is the next option.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
    I didnt plan to lose so much in a month it just work it self out that way
  • ShannieRay
    Options
    First off, Congrats on losing weight. Keep up the good work.

I have lost a total of 126lbs and although I lost is slowly over the course of a year and a half I had a lot of excess skin on my thighs, lowerback and abdomin. Unfortunately, time has helped some and losing weight slowly and in a healthy manner will help, it will not ever all go away. Genetics and just the shear amount of stretching is impossible for your skin to recover from.

Trust me, the skin is borthersome because you do work so hard but it is so much better than what was there before. I feel awesome now and I love myself way more now than I did at 258lbs. Don't get frustrated over the excess skin yet, you are early in your journey. Only time will be able to tell how much your skin will snap back and how much you will have left actually sagging.
    THANX AND CONGRATS TO U AS WELL!
  • ShannieRay
    Options
    THANX...BUT DO YOU KNOW OF SOME STRENGTH TRAINING I CAN DO AT HOME?
  • caroltina
    caroltina Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I have lost 99lb in 2 years and I have some loose skin but I am convinced I would have more without yoga and strength training - such as I do TRX - whole body resistance work? Give it a go
  • Elyssa_38
    Elyssa_38 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    this has always something i think about since i started to lose weight a trainer this past week told me that doing strength would help. she also said her dr told her to get in the sauna 30minutes before and after works outs. im going to start doing this but mlt sure if anyone has heard of this ? btw she said to only do it a few times a week not everyday.
  • sunandstars2
    sunandstars2 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    THANX...BUT DO YOU KNOW OF SOME STRENGTH TRAINING I CAN DO AT HOME?

a good at-home strength training dvd is jillian michaels 30 day shred. it contains (3) 25-minute workouts. they are do-able at whatever fitness level you are at now. :)
  • ShannieRay
    Options
    THANKS GUYS!!!!!!!!