Tired all the time with no energy at 23 years old!

Options
124»

Replies

• WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Sounds like depression to me. Get a second opinion. Your first doc didn't help at all. Good luck to you. I'm sorry you're feeling this way. Don't give up until you find someone who can help you. You will get better, just need the right diagnosis.
  • sarablueskies
    sarablueskies Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    has anyone mentioned mono yet? i have had chronic fatigue, lack of energy and headaches sine i had mono about 5 years ago. i was the same way, i worked out all the time and had started running, but ever since i don't have the energy or i end up with a migraine. check for epstein barr, can't hurt to get a blood test.
  • dcarreno
    Options
    maybe cocaine would work it worked when I was your age. Talk about some serious energy..Or how about crystal meth you could skip sleep all together!!
    Of course I am kidding you might want to ask about a sleep study you have already stated the answers to many questions a doc would ask. Apnea robs you of sleep and it does not age discriminate. Just a thought
  • CommandaPanda
    CommandaPanda Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Does it happen during a certain time frame?

For the longest time, I didn't know what my issue was when it came to extreme fatigue. I was a varsity athlete and got more than enough sleep but would have a hard time staying up past 7:00 PM each night. After several incidents later, I delved into what the issue may have been. I've determined that it was Seasonal Affective Disorder, which, during the fall seasons, I would become incredibly tired and lazy. Some psychologists argue that it's just something made up from the person claiming to have it but it's been an issue with me even before I looked up my symptoms. I've come to realize that when I'm not exposed to enough natural light, my mood goes into a depressive state and I just want to sleep all of the time.
  • judejacklucy
    Options
    My husband is also a natural redhead and he sleeps like 4 hours a night and he does just fine. So, the redhead thing is bogus. I had mono when I was in high school and it wiped me out.
  • marianacci3
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all of your help!!!! It's nice to know that I'm not crazy- was thinking maybe I was after the whole redhead thing:). This whole thing is very frustrating considering I've always been active and a full time athlete and now I struggle to get the energy to do easy yoga somedays!! Needless to say I'm looking for a different doctor at the moment...that will give me an actual diagnosis as well as looking in to all of your suggestions. Thanks again for all of your support and help!