No feedback in Clean Eating Group Forum

Options
I posted this in the clean eating group, but only got an answer from another person who, like me, is looking for support. I am re-posting it here in hopes of finding someone who can help.

Hi I am Robin. I am a 40 year old wife, mother, daughter and friend. I am on a journey to improve the quality (and length) of my life. I began with Weight Watchers on May 1st, then added running in June, in August I started doing Meatless Monday (and have since started eating many meatless meals throughout the week), then on December 1st I started MFP. This journey has been go great. I have lost 29 pounds and have a few more to go, but I am feeling (and according to my DH's reactions) looking better than ever. I am becoming more and more interested in knowing about the foods that I eat. I love fresh, whole fruits and vegetables. I usually choose whole grains. I may eat beef 1 time per week, usually less and even poultry has gotten less plate time lately. I love fish and seafood, in fact I believe I could easily become a pescatarian, if it weren't for my family (and the occasional bacon cheeseburgerblushing ). Anyway that's a good overview of me and my thoughts. I'd love to connect with knowledgeable clean eaters to assist me in taking the next step toward a healthier future. Friend requests welcome...I'm a good friendflowerforyou !

Replies

• reaolliemama
    reaolliemama Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    sorry, my smileys didn't transfer so the blushing and flowerforyou wording looks weird!:blushing: :flowerforyou:
  • ls_66
    ls_66 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    you are light years ahead of me but I'm seeking the same, friendship?
  • MattGetsMad
    MattGetsMad Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I'm a Forks Over Knives, Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease & The China Study guy (the first is documentary, the other 2 are books) And I am basically bat$h1# crazy now.

I eat ridiculously "clean" although I try not to describe it that way as it seems to really get people angry!

I am open to attempting to answer any questions you may have and look forward to input from you as well!

6921816.png
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I'm a Forks Over Knives, Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease & The China Study guy (the first is documentary, the other 2 are books) And I am basically bat$h1# crazy now.

Me too (but not the guy part, lol)
  • reaolliemama
    reaolliemama Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! I really just want to get better at doing what I've been doing. I guess it's a little like the 366 Pushup Challenge I joined...start with 1 puchup and add one everyday. I'll start by giving up one unclean food and give up another each day. I really do love the pure, natural stuff, it can't be beat. That said I'll probably never be totally "free" from the foods I once loved, like soda and chips. I shun them now, but can't seem to lose my appetite for them. I think if you can truly learn to NOT love it, you are blessed.
  • MattGetsMad
    MattGetsMad Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Supposedly after 12 weeks of not eating fat, the receptor for it your brain slows or turns off so the craving go away. I'll certainly let you know if this happens to me, I've been plant based since Nov 1st, so I have a ways to go yet.

6921816.png