When you're having a rough day -

Options
Hi, all. :) As you can see, I'm rather new at this. So I'm looking for some support, as I'm sure others would as well. I'm hoping that this can motivate me as much as before & after pics (I feel like I've looked at every single one). What do YOU tell yourself, do, ect. when you're having a rough day with your goals?

I now have the experience of slipping one day & I felt horrible the next day. Anytime I want to slip up, I'm going to think of that, but I also wanted to know what you tell yourself. Maybe your motivation can help out somebody else when they're having a rough day. :)

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Go exercise. There isn't any "bad" day that exercise can't offset.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • cjpg
    cjpg Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I constantly remind myself each day by looking at myself and saying "I'm workin' on it".

When I have a rough day and slip up, I get scared that I'm going to fall back into my old habits. So I'm working on creating a new lifestyle.

I remind myself why I'm doing this in the first place. I want to lose weight and be healthier, fitter and happier with my appearance. I'm working on these.

While its important to keep yourself motivated when you feel you've made poor decisions, I believe its more important to keep yourself motivated to NOT make them to begin with! I say these words when I'm about to slip up and it usually deters me:

"Don't let a moment of weakness turn into a moment of regret"