looking for a relatively "healthy" ice cream cake

Options
molsongirl
molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
anyone have ideas, or suggestions? my hubby is really tryig to shed some pounds, and it's one of our childrens birthdays this weekend, he wants an ice cream cake, and my hubby will eat it...lol, so I would like something a little more calorie friendly, and there is no possible chance of having a cake other than ice cream, it is afterall a childs party!..but hubby has zero discipline :tongue:

Replies

• molsongirl
    Options
    anyone have ideas, or suggestions? my hubby is really tryig to shed some pounds, and it's one of our childrens birthdays this weekend, he wants an ice cream cake, and my hubby will eat it...lol, so I would like something a little more calorie friendly, and there is no possible chance of having a cake other than ice cream, it is afterall a childs party!..but hubby has zero discipline :tongue:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    get a small one so there is no leftovers. Baskin Robbins sells half cakes
  • molsongirl
    Options
    I'm reading your reply, and the same time thinking, if I only buy enough of everyone there, he can't possibly take too big a piece, and then there will be no leftovers! :laugh: ...thanks!
  • Bug263
    Bug263 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    you could also buy mini cupcakes, they are about half the size of a regular one and not as many calories especially if you are going to want some it's an easy way to keep portion control but also satisfy a craving, if you bake you can make them yourself also, that way you know whats going in it and you can tweak them healthwise.
  • BxMom
    BxMom Posts: 363
    Options
    Have you tried gelatos or frozen yogurt? They have some really good one's now.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    You can also make your own ice cream cake.
    It's not too hard.
    Dryers makes AMAZING "light" ice creams.
    Just soften em up.... put in pans (add cookie crumbs if you want....some places do that)....
    Re-freeze
    BAM....