How close are you to you MFP friends?

Options
Do you share a lot of personal stuff with them?
Or it's only about motivation and support throughout your fitness journey?

Replies

• Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    As in "real" life some more then others but am very close to quite a few of them. :smile:
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    There are a few of my friends I've very close with.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I think about some of them when I'm alone in the shower
  • _JamieB_
    _JamieB_ Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I am very close to a few of my friends, but they are all awesome!!!
  • Stacera
    Stacera Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    some of the people here understand my insecurities and thoughts on this whole journey better than the people I see face to face all the time.. I definitely consider some to be great friends.
  • _JamieB_
    _JamieB_ Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    double post
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I'm closer than they realize.

Many nights I spend just outside their windows... :glasses:
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I avoid strong smelling soaps, so that they never realize just how close I am sometimes.
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    One of mine got to hear all about my hooking up with a kid from work............I needed a younger persons thoughts and I knew exactly who to ask. Plus he told me exactly what I wanted to hear :)
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    *starts humming NIN*
  • 1FitMom326
    Options
    There are only one or two that I have had the opportunity to get to know. Many are great motivators but I have not had the time to get to know them as well.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Just like my children, I love some more than others.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Just like my children, I love some more than others.

so who is your favorite child? And do they know it?
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Considering that 99.9% of my friends on MFP live in different countries to me, I'm not as close to them as I would like to be. pouty.gif
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    some of the people here understand my insecurities and thoughts on this whole journey better than the people I see face to face all the time.. I definitely consider some to be great friends.

exactly this. There are a couple Ive really connected with and make a point to talk to everyday. I know that even if MFP disappeared one day, we would stay in touch.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    there are definetly a few people here i would enjoy having a couple of drinks with.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Some I want to snuggle, some I want to get sloppy drunk with, and some I want to take to the gym with me so they can kick my @ss.
  • janet_pratt
    janet_pratt Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about this yesterday. I actually have very few..ok...no...close friends. I was going through a really tough time and didn't have anyone I could talk to. Kinda sucks actually.
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    *starts humming NIN*

Love that song disturbing video

Let's see, I talk to 7 or so people outside of MFP and one all the time. So I'd say that's close.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Do you share a lot of personal stuff with them?
    Or it's only about motivation and support throughout your fitness journey?

I don't share a lot of personal things, and it's nothing against my MFP friends. I just don't like putting a lot of my life out there on the Internet, even if it is to my family or very close childhood friends.

I am, however, a very open person and don't have an issue talking about things to people. I do have to get to "know" people first, but that's because I am shy and introverted and want to feel a person out to make sure they aren't going to be making fun of me or something...I'm like that in "real life" too, lol.

Sometimes it is even more motivating to me when people share their honest real life experiences (myself included) so even though we are not "close" friends like my friends offline, I will try to treat you as such anyway.

I'm just weird, too. :flowerforyou: