The Christmas Cookie Diet

zenchild
zenchild Posts: 680 Member
edited October 6 in Food and Nutrition
My mom is the queen of Christmas cookies. Or at least she was before my Dad had a quadruple bypass (completely genetic). So, my sister and I have taken over cookie duty. In the past week, I have made shortbread, caramel (for the shortbread), candy cane cookies, gingerbread, and peppermint pinwheels. I have probably made 200+ cookies. I have eaten 4. There's something about baking cookies that makes me not want to eat cookies. Or anything sweet. It's great. So, to continue my diet, I am going to dip the caramel-topped shortbread in chocolate and make pralines and cake balls. The cake balls may prove to be my downfall. I'll make them on Friday night/Saturday morning so they're not in my possession for long before I foist them off on my family and friends.

Am I the only one who has no interest in eating cookies after I bake them?

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    I want cookies.

Seriously, shortbread dipped in caramel and chocolate. You are killing me.
    We don't have a lot of extra food around the house at Christmas, so I don't really know. I like to bake, but don't do a bunch of holiday baking. But I am pretty sure if I made caramel covered shortbread dipped in chocolate I would be eating a lot of them. You are strong.
  • My mom is the queen of Christmas cookies. Or at least she was before my Dad had a quadruple bypass (completely genetic). So, my sister and I have taken over cookie duty. In the past week, I have made shortbread, caramel (for the shortbread), candy cane cookies, gingerbread, and peppermint pinwheels. I have probably made 200+ cookies. I have eaten 4. There's something about baking cookies that makes me not want to eat cookies. Or anything sweet. It's great. So, to continue my diet, I am going to dip the caramel-topped shortbread in chocolate and make pralines and cake balls. The cake balls may prove to be my downfall. I'll make them on Friday night/Saturday morning so they're not in my possession for long before I foist them off on my family and friends.

Am I the only one who has no interest in eating cookies after I bake them?

me too. i bakebakebake and cookcookcook...generally, i am not interested after it comes out of the oven. whatever it is..no matter how decadent...it'll sit there til it rots...i dont have any cravings or desire to taste it. and im a pretty good baker too..soooo its not like its awful or anything. dunno what it is...guess i like creating and moving on. same thing with my books...i write them, agonize over the editing and copy art...then once its published, i dont care to look at it or even see how many sales it has.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    i actually try to bake cookies i don't like.

the good news is, most cookies are gone by the time i get home for christmas, and what's left i don't like! shortbread...blah.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    I love cookies, and I'm sure I will have a few after I bake some this week.
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    I can't relate to this at all! If I cook stuff, I usually want to eat it. If the mixture is edible, I'll probably nibble at that too. The best part about cooking is tasting it at the end, lol.

By the way your post about cookies has given me a craving for cookies :P
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    I don't want to eat them after I bake them...but I have usually consumed a good 300-400 calories worth of cookie dough before they get in the oven. My family would have TONS more cookies if I didn't do that. :blushing: But I am trying this year to bake cookies I don't like, which is pretty much anything but chocolate chip and sugar cookies, so that I am not tempted before or after they are made.
This discussion has been closed.