Laughing cow cheese wedges

Options

Replies

• Hambone23
    Hambone23 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    They're used a lot in Hungry Girl recipes. If I remember correctly she's got an entire chapter devoted to them in one of the cookbooks but I'm not positive. I chop them up and with eggs and ham for a breakfast skillet kind of thing.

Seriously. This chick puts it in -everything-!
  • danniellexxx
    Options
    Laughing cow cheese = MY OBSESSION.
    I like them;
    -Plain
    - On wedges or chips
    - On Salad
    - With crackers
    - Bagels
    - Cooked vegetables

And many other things!!!

And for a low calorie bit of tasty cheese its so good :D
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I like it on baked potatoes, sliced really thin and eaten on pear slices, and stirred into spinach that I've sauteed with a little garlic. Although I haven't bought any lately, do I've been using my new obsession, chevre.
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I like it on a sandwich, as a spread instead of mayo. Toasted wheat bread, turkey, laughing cow wedge, and cucumbers....yummy sandwich!!!
    This! I replace the mayo on sandwiches, in egg salad + it's delish!
  • eddie8131
    eddie8131 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Ok I know this will sound gross but I spread one on a pita bread and put a couple sardines in. Heaven. :)))))
  • spacey1968
    Options
    I like them on toasted Arnold Wheat Breat thins, and on top of the laughing cow, I put a small teaspoon of sugar free strawberry preserves. It really tastes like cheesecake to me!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I add them to grits. Or just spread on a piece of bread. Or in scrambled eggs.
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Great recipes, but one complaint---so far none of the recipes I looked at had any nutritional values. That would have been nice. But it looks like there are some very tasty things on there!

That's what the recipe tool on MFP is for.
  • JenMarie826
    Options
    I love them!!!
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I spread them on apples or ryvita crackers or on a small orange sweet potato. YUM!
  • sumnerfan
    sumnerfan Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Celery!
    BTW dont eat celery at night.
    It will keep you up.

What do you mean?
  • Mom2Asa
    Mom2Asa Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have wanted to try it but I can not find it anywhere!! Where do you guys find it?

I get it from Costco in the cheese/fridge section but many grocery stores have it in their deli - it's sometimes with the "fancy" cheese, not the regular dairy.

Thanks!! Maybe that is why I have yet to find them, I look in the regular dairy everywhere I look.
  • sumnerfan
    sumnerfan Posts: 244 Member
    Options

Good idea! I love grits, but they aren't good plain. I'm going to try this.
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I make a fake alfredo sauce with mine.

I mix one container (all the wedges) with 1 cup skim milk, 3 tsp. parmesan cheese, 1 tsp Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb seasoning, 1 whole box of Barilla whole grain pasta noodles (cooked), and some cooked cut up chicken. It's really good and makes 10 servings at roughly 200 calories per serving.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options

Good idea! I love grits, but they aren't good plain. I'm going to try this.
    I did this way before I was trying to lose weight. It's just good. I also add some garlic powder. Fresh garlic would be better but if I'm making grits it's probably morning and I'm not going to the trouble of chopping garlic.
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I like to mix a couple into this organic brown rice & black bean mix I get from the health food freezer section. Yum!
  • Alexdur85
    Alexdur85 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Good recipes in here...

I spread some on some deli meat and go to town.
  • lijparsons
    Options
    I appear to be the only one who tried, and was not impressed with the laughing cow cheese. I thought it was OK, but can't really see what all the fuss is about. :noway:
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I had some with my "Lean Cuisine Garlic Chicken Spring Rolls". Didn't have any sour cream on hand, so this was a great dipper!
    Love it with crackers.
  • Wuggums
    Wuggums Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I've tried many of the things folks have been saying here. My two latest creations - one wedge mixed with one serving of fresh crabmeat and a dash of hot sauce. Makes enough to fill 5 wonton wrappers to bake into a "lighter" version of Crab Rangoon. Or one wedge mixed with a bit of shredded chicken - also makes enough to stuff 5 wonton wrappers that can then be boiled for a tasty ravioli.