Thoughts for starting a clothing sharing group

Options
So I have a ton of clothes that are too big for me but might fit someone else and my husband has the same. I was thinking that there might be others out there in the same situation. I was thinking that there are many different avenues to donate them or sell them on Ebay or other such sites but I know that I am in need of smaller size clothing and I know that others out there might need what I have to share.

I was just putting it out there to see what the interest might be to set up a group to trade clothes as we all change sizes.

Replies

• sumnerfan
    sumnerfan Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    It's an interesting idea. Have you thought about how it would work?
  • Saezimmerman
    Saezimmerman Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have a size 20 business suit that you could have if it will fit. (May be too big for you, as slim as you are getting.) :wink:
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Maybe a google docs spreadsheet? You can put your size and the sizes and clothing items you have available. That way people can message you if they have your size to give away, and people can msg those who have their size. Then you can add or delete as things are taken. I stay in the same clothing as I keep gaining and losing these 30lbs, hopefully this time it's for good and I can continue to feel good in my clothes. :-) But I think this is a good idea! Google docs is the only thing I can think of that everyone would be able to add to without getting lost in pages of listings in the forum.
  • ADTeachTX
    ADTeachTX Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    @shannon_2003 - that is great idea...

But it seems that this is not a very popular idea as very few people commented here. Might be a fruitless idea if more people aren't interested.

So far I have about 6 -8 pairs of jeans in a size 26W and a size 24 dress that still has the tags on it. I also have several size 24W slacks in various colors and a couple of size 24W or 3X dresses.

My hubby has about 2 -3 pairs of size 54 X 30 jeans and 2 -3 pairs of size 52 X 30 jeans.