My name is Jenny and I am a night muncher

Options
Haha, oh gosh I wake up in the middle of the night with the craving to eat something sweet and yummy. I used to fall into this habit pretty often before I started dieting and exercising but here lately the ugly little cravings are back and they tell me that I simply must eat that cracker, or cereal bar, or anything sweet that is in the pantry. Today I sent a bag of mini donuts to work with my husband because if they are in the house, it is too hard to resist them.
I can remember when I lived at home I think i had that sleep-eat disorder thing where I would literally be half asleep and eating stuff right out of the fridge and barely remember it the next day.
So, I will pubicly announce that I am a night muncher, a re-habilitated one but still the urge is strong :laugh: Last night I won the battle though, I even got a box of cereal out of the pantry and a bowl but just as I was going for the milk, I said NO. and drank a glass of water.

Replies

• willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Haha, oh gosh I wake up in the middle of the night with the craving to eat something sweet and yummy. I used to fall into this habit pretty often before I started dieting and exercising but here lately the ugly little cravings are back and they tell me that I simply must eat that cracker, or cereal bar, or anything sweet that is in the pantry. Today I sent a bag of mini donuts to work with my husband because if they are in the house, it is too hard to resist them.
    I can remember when I lived at home I think i had that sleep-eat disorder thing where I would literally be half asleep and eating stuff right out of the fridge and barely remember it the next day.
    So, I will pubicly announce that I am a night muncher, a re-habilitated one but still the urge is strong :laugh: Last night I won the battle though, I even got a box of cereal out of the pantry and a bowl but just as I was going for the milk, I said NO. and drank a glass of water.
  • Jelybe
    Jelybe Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    mmmmm..... mini donuts......

I try to keep low-cal hot chocolate or mini bags of low fat popcorn in the house for just such emergencies!

Congrats on winning the battle!! :flowerforyou:
  • johnfmcclellan
    Options
    I feel your pain. I gave up the post bar munchies awhile ago but sometimes still have the need for something sweet late at night. The solution : frozen grapes! They taste good, are good for you, and fill you up. Just throw a bag in the fridge and pull some out when you get the urge.
  • emtink
    emtink Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I gave up the post bar munchies awhile ago but sometimes still have the need for something sweet late at night. The solution : frozen grapes! They taste good, are good for you, and fill you up. Just throw a bag in the fridge and pull some out when you get the urge.

i used to freeze grapes all the time in college! they are like delicious mini popsicles!