Question for the ladies

Options

Replies

• tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I have a compression bra, and also have done the double bagging with regular bras. I just recently got a running bra and can I just say - for high impact you MUST have a high impact bra. The differencie is HUGE. My double bagging and compression bra are fine for medium impact but if I run in them it hurts for the first 5-10 minutes (until my brain switches off those receptors) and I kind of have to clutch them in place.

My running bra does not have that problem - its amazing. It also costs more and is not quite as comfy as just a regular sports bra (obviously) so I only wear it for HIGH impact- for lower/medium impact the compression bra (which does lose its compressive qualities after a while like any other bra) and my double bag strategy works fine.

Unfortunately - the whole shebang is just expensive. Girls with small breasts can wear the regular ones just fine but those of us that are bigger have to shell out bucks for our ladies.

(I'm a 34DD by the way)
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry... I have to feel especially good about not having to deal with what you all do. Wow, all the garments that have to be wore to protect yourselves. I never realized the problem(s), I guess I'm happy with my boy-boobs.

Agreed! While I don't exactly have "boy-boobs" I am able to use my elliptical w/o a bra and not have a problem :)
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I wear two bras...
    A non-underwire one and a snug sports bra. It's very comfy and doesn't bother me at all.
    They ain't moving!
  • mallorybriann
    Options
    I know some women who don't wear any bra when they work out... the thought of no bra makes me cringe lol
    I'm sorry... I have to feel especially good about not having to deal with what you all do. Wow, all the garments that have to be wore to protect yourselves. I never realized the problem(s), I guess I'm happy with my boy-boobs.
  • 1FitMom326
    Options
    You have to get a really good sports bra. If it feels too tight and makes you look flat, thats usually the perfect one!
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I wear a regular bra and a sports bra bought a size to small to keep my girls in place. It does the trick. I mean they still move, but I don't find myself in any danger of knocking myself out! LOL
  • mallorybriann
    Options
    I call that the una-booba! lol
    You have to get a really good sports bra. If it feels too tight and makes you look flat, thats usually the perfect one!
  • godricshollow
    godricshollow Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I went to Target and bought a sports bra for $19.99 and it is the most comfortable thing I own. It has underwire, full boob coverage, an adjustable back and adjustable straps that I can wear normally or in the racer style. I'm a D cup, by the way.
  • lkirchherr
    Options
    wearing a bra with a sports bra on top works really well for me, and try using Champion's sports bras. Even my friends agree that it's probably the best brand since it really uh, secures everything? lol
  • julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I'm a DD and I have to wear 2 bras or else they are flying every which way.
  • curlyslim
    curlyslim Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Try Shock Absorber D+MAX Support Sports Bra. I started out with a 38E one and I'm now 36DD and nothing moves at all, whether running or doing jumping jacks!

Agree, this is the bra that I wear too, and no problems! and i have about three of them. Oh and i am also a 36F.
  • ProjectTae
    ProjectTae Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I went from a 42D down to a 42C after a 29 lb. weight loss. I just wear an underwire cotton bra, CACIQUE from Lane Bryants fit GREAT!!!! lol

12117749.png

Hello, I know this is a bit personal but I am currently a 46D and I plan to lose 30lbs my fear is that I will lose my breasts I love my big breast and I do not think I will be mortified to go into the bigger or mid Cs, But I don't want to go from mid Ds to training bra, (and if this happens I will not getting any plastic surgery so if they go they're gone) but I just wanted to ask all of the ladies who have experienced this how it affected you? Is it a big change or is it worth it?Also is dramatic decrease in size visually unattractive?
  • nicksaysnever
    Options
    I am a 32DDD and the only answer for me personally is to invest in high-quality sports bras. The good news is that there are a lot of online stores now that are geared towards women with larger busts. (Amazon is also great - just do a search for sports bras + your size.)

Underwire sports bras with defined cups made from moisture wicking fabric are my personal favs, since they avoid the unaboob look. If your workouts are high-intensity a good tip is to order your sports bras one cup size down from what you usually wear. The girls might get a bit squished but they won't move, lol.
  • fantomette
    fantomette Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I have one from Lululemon (expensive yes) that is fabulous! Supportive, snug and does the trick. Can't remember the name of it, but its made for running
    I have one from Lululemon that is pretty good, called Ta ta tamer and it has adjustable straps. It's very soft and comfortable.
    I also have one from Champion, found it at TJMaxx
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I've had C's other than when I was pregnant and nursing(D to DD then) and sports bras usually were good enough. One thing is make sure you have the proper supportive size. It can be easy for some women to believe they are a size bigger than they really are so get a proper fitting.
  • FitMissVicky
    FitMissVicky Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My goodness, I just want to take all you people wearing inadequate bras or doubling up or smushing your boobs together to a good store to get properly fitted so you can get yourselves a decent sports bra! With the right fit and a good bra, you can be well contained and do all the high impact sports you want. I have had good luck with the high-impact Shock Absorber, and my current go-to is the Freya Full Coverage sports bra. I wear a 38F and it does the trick for me.

oh, and with 20lbs lost so far, no change in the girls.
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I always thought I wanted to be bigger chested, until I saw girls at the gym with big ones, running, and it looks painful:noway:
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

In the beginning I would wear a bra and sports bra over.

Now that I have lost weight, I wear one really good sports bra- my favorite is the yoga sports bra from Victoria's Secret. The girls don't move one bit!

I love those! I own these in almost every color!
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'm better now that I've lost so much weight. Try wearing two bras though. It worked for me in the past.
  • cravejourney
    Options
    I double up with an under wire sports bra, then a regular stretchy sports bra on top.