Need your thoughts on stubborn fat & weight loss

Options
Hey mfp friends..

I have few questions that I have always had in my mind..
I have always been on the slight plump side. I have been thinking that probably thats my weight.. & cant reduce more than that. Anytime I try out jeans it bothers me big time that --> will there ever be a day that I will fit into a much smaller size!!! But seeing few success stories I see that people have reduced.. not sure if the stubborn fat matters though.. In my case, I have been like this for last 19+ years.. also my family/parents dont fall under skinny category.. I want to feel the best atleast once and want to fit into nice clothes that I have kept aside for years. With just regular exercise, food and MFP, is it do-able?

I am 5'3. 143.9lbs. which weight do you think is ideal? Would love to hear all your thoughts... thanks for reading thro' :smile:

Replies

• sm_4ever17
    sm_4ever17 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    hmm i think for 5.3 the best weight ks 110 lbs. i went to hospital n got info da at my height 5 feet 102 is is the best weight n 2 kg above that for every inch
    (1kg = 2.2 lbs so 2.2 x 3 = 6.6 so ideal weight is 108- 110 if u wana b on slim side
    but if u wana b on chubby side thn u cn b at 120-128
  • cameralinds
    Options
    I have to disagree with sm_4ever17

According to the charts, for a woman that is 5'3" an ideal weight is between 110-140. I know, 30 pound weight difference. it's all about how you carry yourself, body fat percentages, etc.

I think if you stick with your diet and exercise regimen, you should see the results you want. Just know that it is a lifestyle change and you won't see results over night.

Btw, if that is you in your profile picture, you are beautiful!
  • wannareduce
    wannareduce Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thanks for clarifying.. and btw I have a fat% of 34 and I have big thighs.. so finding a smaller size jean & fitting myself into it has always been a dream :'( and I have to always wear dresses that would hide my thighs :(((
  • abricklin
    abricklin Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I too am 5'3 and my personal goal, at least for now, is actually above the 140. My heighest weight was 235- I am now at 175 with 160 as a goal. I will reevaluate once I get there. But that is somewhat irrelevant.

I think that like pp said, a woman could be bigger than you and weigh 143, and could be smaller than you at 143. Question is, how lean is she? a body fat percentage of 34% sounds very high to me, which lead me to believe that if you turn some lbs of fat into muscle, you may get into the ideal range, and become smaller, and not see a huge difference on the scale. if you replace 10 lbs of fat with 10 lbs of muscle, the scale will still read 143 lbs but you will see a SIGNIFICANT difference in your body/size/shape.

For some, 110 lbs is simply not ideal. Perhaps for someone who has a boyish figure, lean legs/thighs naturally, small chest, etc, its doable and looks great, but those of us that are curvy (and i am not using that word to gently describe someone who is overweight) 110 lbs may not be ideal.
  • Jess5825
    Jess5825 Posts: 228
    Options
    hmm i think for 5.3 the best weight ks 110 lbs. i went to hospital n got info da at my height 5 feet 102 is is the best weight n 2 kg above that for every inch
    (1kg = 2.2 lbs so 2.2 x 3 = 6.6 so ideal weight is 108- 110 if u wana b on slim side
    but if u wana b on chubby side thn u cn b at 120-128

I hardly think you would be considered chubby at 120-128 at 5'3". I'm 5'2" and my goal right now is 135, I have never been that weight so I may readjust, but 120-128 is not chubby, unless you have some sort of disorder!