Skinny and healthy!

Hello everybody,
My name is Anna and since few weeks I'm a vegan! I have to tell you it's a new way of life! Totally different style! I have much more energy, don't even feel like eating anything fried or empty in calories, I stopped smoking and I drink alcohol only for a very special occasion (and it's organic red wine). I go to the gym much more often(mainly just to run) and I sleep better! I really think about what I'm eating and that makes me to control my weight! About a week ago I was searching for some new vegan recipes and also wanted to check if this diet is ok for my health. Even tho I feel great I thought I'm gonna check if my idea to quit eating all the animals product was a smart one. I found a book that I ordered and can't stop reading! It's sooooo funny and good! The tittle is 'skinny b*tch'- amazing I'm telling you! Anyways I feel great in my body and love it more with everyday! Take care guys! Wish you all the best! Please don't hesitate if you need support or hints!
Ciao!
X,
Anna

Replies

• vtate75
    vtate75 Posts: 221 Member
    Hi Anna! Good for you! I am not a vegan, but I was a vegetarian for 10 years and before that a vegan for 3. I recently (as in last week) added back fish because of a family health issue. It took a great deal of "debating" with myself about it, but I am back on fish. I will not eat any cow, pig, or chicken (etc.) products though. Anyway, we still eat a ton of vegan food in my house. If you are looking for a good cookbook full of easy recipes try Vegan Family Favorites. Also, the website vegweb is one that I visit weekly (www.vegweb.com). It has amazing recipes! Good luck!
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    My hubby got me that book a few years ago for christmas (sounds bad but I love nutrition stuff so it was actually very thoughtful) and I read 2 pages int it and put it down. I hated it. Then I got more into clean eating, then meatless, and then I re-read the book and I loved it. haha The style is kind of out there but the recipes (skinny ***ch in the kitch) are awesome. Congrats on the lifestyle change it sounds like its working well for you, keep it up!
  • rajska
    rajska Posts: 7 Member
    Thanks ladies for both of your comments! Glad to hear you have similar experience! Thanks a lot for the hints Vtate! I'll def check the link!
    Stylistchik, I know what you mean! At the first place I was shocked by her language too but in a while it worked for me kind of like a wake up call! I think that's the reason she chose that way...

Wish you girls very marry Christmas and a happy new year! Be careful what you're eating durin your holidays! For me it's gonna be a huuuuuuge chalange! I'm not sure how am I avoide all the good food plus my grandma comments who's already thinking I'm gonna get super sick cos I don't eat meat... Hmm...
    What about alcohol? Is the organic red wine the only option?!? It's delicious but so bad for your teeth!!

Take care!
    X