Question about Losing weight

Options
Soooo I haven't worked out in about 2-3 weeks and I kinda stopped watching what i was eating and basically 'gave up'. Well since my last weigh in i lose 2 pounds. How is that? I definitly feel like I've gained and I went from 164-162 without doing anything. I know muscle weighs more than fat, so did I lose muscle?

Just wanted to get everyones thoughts.

have a good one!

Replies

• 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Soooo I haven't worked out in about 2-3 weeks and I kinda stopped watching what i was eating and basically 'gave up'. Well since my last weigh in i lose 2 pounds. How is that? I definitly feel like I've gained and I went from 164-162 without doing anything. I know muscle weighs more than fat, so did I lose muscle?

have a good one!

A lot of things could be going on. When losing fat, water weight flucuations can be quite large. The weightloss could simply be a woosh of excess water that left your body after eating a bit more or from just relaxing.
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options

have a good one!

Depends on the person, but yes you could have and probably lost muscle. But probably not much.
  • Coltsman4ever
    Coltsman4ever Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I believe what you did was gave your body a needed "shock". When your body gets used to the same stuff over and over it kinda stops. You changed things up and your body responded. If you focus on losing again now, you will probably drop more weight. Try to give your body that "shock" every now and then to keep things moving.
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that does armature martial arts and has some of the most intense training I've ever seen. If he takes time off he cuts weight and gets so much stronger. Could be that your body got some much needed rest. It just depends on what you do.