Replies

• dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Mine is extremely hot. I use:

Chili de Arbol (3 oz)
    1 White Onion
    5-6 garlic cloves

Cover a cookie sheet with foil and spray with Pam, take the stems off the chilis put on cookie sheet, peel and slice the onion about 1/2 inch thick and put on top of the chilis, peel the garlic cloves and add them also. Bake in a 350 oven for 6-7 minutes until chilis are dark reddish brown. Remove from oven.

While baking put 2 cups of water and 2 Tbsp. salt in a blender. Use the foil to slide the chilis, onions and garlic into the blender. Blend on high until liquid. Wait five minutes and blend again.

Do not eat immediately, it will be extremely sharp & needs to mellow for a day or two.

YUM!
  • cherbapp
    cherbapp Posts: 322
    Options
    Tomatoes
    White onion
    Jalapeno
    Cilantro
    Lime juice
    Salt
    Minced garlic

You could add black beans and/or corn to try something different.

Mine is pretty much this!!
    I add a little vinegar if I am in the mood for more zippy...and occasionally when I wanna be fancy or make it a meal I add white corn, black beans, red pepper and avocado.

My favorite investment was the Tupperware Quick Chef. Throw in the ingredients just quartered (tomatoes and onions) and it comes out in salsa form.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Y'all need to try a little diced mango in your salsa. THE best thing ever.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Basil and cilantro. LOTS AND LOTS OF IT.
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    For those of you who make homemade salsa, what is your secret ingredient?? not necessarily secret, but what makes yours so good?

just curious :smile: I love making salsa, but feel like something is missing!
    I must have fresh, chopped cilantro - that really makes it all come together.
    As for other ingredients - fresh veggies like diced tomatoes, onions, garlic, various peppers, corn and mango.
  • JT1090
    JT1090 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I grill tomatoes (A LOT) , garlic, jalapenos, onions, and bell peppers. Then throw them in the food proccessor with adobe chilis, green chilis, cilantro, a tiny bit vineger, and salt. I don't ever measure each ingredient. I go based on taste. The end result is a light crisp salsa with just enough heat. It tastes so fresh! :bigsmile:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    *drooling*
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    bump for secrets I may not yet know...:smokin: