Wii advice please :)

Options
Hey all! Santa is bringing our family a Wii this year. I would love to know some of your favorite fitness games and tips. Do they still make the Wii fit? Is there something better? Thanks so much :)

Replies

• KathyR714
    KathyR714 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I enjoy the Just Dance ones!! They are a lot of fun! I have the Wii Fit also, its fun but not my favorite... Hope you enjoy it!! :)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I'm getting Walk it Out for Christmas. It's not a heavy duty workout .... but it's supposed to be really addictive. Thanks for starting this thread .... new to Wii & also looking for ideas.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Best advice I have is DON'T get Netflix on the Wii. It will turn your fitness machine into an entertainment center and it's way too tempting to hit netflix instead of Wii Fit and then sit on the couch. :happy:
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Best advice I have is DON'T get Netflix on the Wii. It will turn your fitness machine into an entertainment center and it's way too tempting to hit netflix instead of Wii Fit and then sit on the couch. :happy:

Haha I half agree with this BUT the netflix instant streaming has some good workouts! I use the pilates ones :) Also you can do exercises WHILE you watch your netflix! :)
  • Queenbee412
    Options
    Thanks! Has anyone ever tried the EA sports workouts?
  • echoica
    echoica Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    BUT the netflix instant streaming has some good workouts! I use the pilates ones :) Also you can do exercises WHILE you watch your netflix! :)

I have had netflix for awhile...and I have never thought of searching for fitness on it!! thanks for the tip!! :)
  • raisingbabyk
    raisingbabyk Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I have wii fit but it's not that great of a work out. I've never tried the newer version though...
    I have the biggest loser challenge and like that.

I've also heard good things about the dance ones and EA sports active which I plan to get next.
  • MrsGreen1985
    MrsGreen1985 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I got my wii for my birthday in November . I like the just dance games and wii fit plus is fun
  • sara709
    sara709 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I bought a wii today! I picked up Just Dance 3 and Zumba. Cannot WAIT to get it hooked up and start going.
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    That is so true.....I just started streaming netflix through our wii....it's soooo convenient....and I still manage to get the workouts in...sometimes!!

• josery1630
    josery1630 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    We're getting one too, so thanks for starting this thread! :)
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I have EA Active 2 and I love it. Helps so much with inch loss.
  • rmball
    rmball Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just Dance definitely - 2 is great and I'm getting 3 for Christmas
  • rameyer1316
    Options
    I love the Just Dance, it really can make you sweat only after a few songs.
  • Queenbee412
    Options
    Thank you all! I also use Netflix for workout videos. I love the 10 minute carb and calorie burner.
  • tiamaria8182
    tiamaria8182 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Wii ZUMBA!!! It's so fun. You can break a good sweat doing the Michael Jackson experience too. My son has the EA football training one that I need to try out.
  • ged630
    ged630 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    EA Active 2 and Just Dance are my favorite ones. I have the Biggest Loser one but don't like it. I also have Zumba but I have not used too much. I do enjoy the basic Wii Fit but don't think I get a great workout from it, but it is fun and has to be better for you then sitting on the couch. ENJOY!!
  • chell53
    chell53 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Has anyone ever tried the EA sports workouts?

I have the Wii, along with Wii Fit Board, Just Dance, and EA sports.....like them all and if I stayed with it I would be at goal, now I am going to start back up again and my grand daughter will also do it with me......she enjoys the Just Dance tapes......

Hope you enjoy it.........
  • chell53
    chell53 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Wii ZUMBA!!! It's so fun. You can break a good sweat doing the Michael Jackson experience too. My son has the EA football training one that I need to try out.

I can't get the dance move down for Wii Zumba!!!!! need help with that one..........
  • justanotherbrickinthewall
    Options
    I have Wii Fit, which is fun but isn't really a workout to me. I lovelovelove Just Dance though; it's really fun to play and burns a pretty good amount of calories. :)