ahhh!!! what do you do?

so i just had an "over-my-calories" day and i feel like i should water fast/ not eat today because i over ate....and i was wondering if there was something that anyone does that seems to work better than going back and forth with the fasting after having a bad day....

Replies

• Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Get over it.

Seriously one day being over your calories won't hurt you. At all.

Don't fast, don't not eat. Just keep going as per normal.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,142 Member
    Just average it out over time and don't handcuff yourself with guilt because that is generally one of the better excuses for quiting. It's a long road and some of that road will have bumps, that's a given.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    How much did you go over? It won't hurt to eat a little less but there's really no reason to fast. Anyway even if you eat normally today, one day over isn't going to affect your weight loss much.
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    No fasting, try harder with healthy eating the days after, do more exercise. You'll still lose in time as long as on average, you're in deficit.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Get over it.

^ please take this advice.
  • You should DEFINITELY not be fasting today! It will actually slow your metabolism down in the long run and make it harder for you to lose/maintain when you are eating well.

Just eat within your normal limits, pick good healthy foods, low sodium and drink plenty of water to flush out any extra water retention from yesterday.

And I find that exercising the next day helps. If you really want to "fast" then exercise and don't eat the extra cals today.
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Get over it.

^^THIS
  • Be smart when it comes to feelings of regret. You missed yesterday then make today a great target day.

There is a great article on lifehacker about subbing two days a week with no carb as a catalyst to better weight loss. It would be worth a read.
  • ma34113
    ma34113 Posts: 93 Member
    thanks everyone...when i 1st started this program i had a bunch of people saying to should and it didnt make sense to me why they were encouraging me just to NOT EAT thats why i cleaned out my friend zone and have started looking for a different route...thanks
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Get over it.

• d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    so i just had an "over-my-calories" day and i feel like i should water fast/ not eat today because i over ate....and i was wondering if there was something that anyone does that seems to work better than going back and forth with the fasting after having a bad day....

Believe it or not, being over on calories every once in awhile is GREAT for your diet. In fact I go over my calories one day a week, it keeps that metabolism burning. Don't fret going over one day, you might just be shocked in the results ;-)
  • skate29
    skate29 Posts: 1 Member
    You have probably been working really hard to be healthy. I call "over calorie" days Treat days. After all you are human, and with all you hard work you have earned a treat day. Dont call it cheating, because then you will get down on yourself. Be proud of all the work you have done and you ability to bounce back from treat days. Its just another day to get up, work out, and make yourself better.

Good Luck,
    Skate29
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    thanks everyone...when i 1st started this program i had a bunch of people saying to should and it didnt make sense to me why they were encouraging me just to NOT EAT thats why i cleaned out my friend zone and have started looking for a different route...thanks

Good idea. There are some very well meaning people on this site who have very unhealthy ideas. Not eating is never a good idea.
  • AI1108
    AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
    you're a healthy person with a healthy metabolism.. "over calorie" days just means your body was hungry for something.. you've satiated that hunger .. i would just go back to normal eating now
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Get over it.

what he said
  • determined2lose89
    determined2lose89 Posts: 342 Member
    Just eat normally today. Get in a good workout and stay within your calorie goal. One day isn't going to cause you to gain everything back. Fasting will just mess with your body.
  • oneIT
    oneIT Posts: 388 Member
    Go workout for longer, thats what I do!
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    [/quote]

Believe it or not, being over on calories every once in awhile is GREAT for your diet. In fact I go over my calories one day a week, it keeps that metabolism burning. Don't fret going over one day, you might just be shocked in the results ;-)
    [/quote]

I totally agree with this. It's been working for me for over a year now.
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Hmmm- IDK why the "quote" worked but didn't mark it quoted. Anyway...
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint Posts: 358 Member
    I like to take a nice long nap, maybe for 6-8 hours. Then wake up and do something different.