Where do I start?

Options
I'm starting fresh...I'm currently 198 lbs and I want to be 150 by June. Is that even possible? And what do I have to do to get there? I know eating and excercising but what do you do when the temptation for fast food creeps up, or a night out drinking with friends. How do you keep on your goal with everyone around you doing exactly what you DON'T want to do and are trying to stay clear from!

Encouraging friends please add me. And be the people who keep me on TRACK, while everyone around me tries to throw me off.

7431332.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Don't think of this as "dieting" - think instead of "lifestyle change." The change in lifestyle is what will keep the weight from coming back.

One step at a time. Log food that you normally eat. Some items will be a "wake up call" other foods will be fine. Measure your portions - sizes may suprise you. For the foods that suprise you - find healthy options (more protien, complex carbs, more fiber, healthy fat, etc.)

Get active (if you're not already) - nothing drastic. Go for a walk. Do push ups, sit ups, etc. You "earn" extra calories by being active.

Don't expect perfection - give yourself a break. This is all a learning process.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Do the calculations on Fat to Fit radio under tools.
    Their military body fat calculator is great followed by the BMR calc.
    It gives you realistic calories to eat based on your activity level.
    Most of the people i'm helping on here were blown away by how much they can eat and still lose weight.
    Dont take MFPs cookie cutter 1200 calorie approach because youll probably end up joining the legion of people on here with a post similar to "I dont know why im not losing any weight at 1200 calories." Posts!

Hugs and good luck!
  • SarahRickey23
    Options
    i to think you need ot think of it as a lifestyle change not a diet. because it sets u up to fail. i am losing weight slowly because i keep eating unheatlhy things i cut way back but i still eat it maybe 4 times a week..not out to eat food but either it be cake or more then the serving i need because im used to eating alot at once and only twice or 3 times a day. i had two kids a 19 month period and packed on 35lbs after all said in done. i lost all but 2lbs from my 2nd but the rest is from my first i ate horribly bad iwth him and i gained alot because so much insulin i took cuz of pregnancy *im a type 1 diabetic* you can do it just slowly setting up a long term goal and short term goals will help out as well.