Hitting a lull

Options
Hey everyone! I've been with MFP for almost 4 months, so I am not new. I've lost 31lbs and I am a couple of sizes down in jeans/tops. But here lately I have hit a lull. My motivation is going in a downward spiral. I need some more friends who will help me get through this time, especially with holidays right here on us. I've worked too hard to give up now! Who is willing to help me? I will do my best to encourage you as well. THANKS!

Replies

• kericson
    kericson Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi! Please feel free to add me! I'm at 33 pounds and while my motivation is still great I am so FRUSTRATED with hitting my first plateau. It'd be awesome to help each other out. :)
  • JJinWI
    JJinWI Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Keep your eye toward spring and warm weather and how FABULOUS you will look in all of the new spring/summer clothes.

Someone had a great quote here that I absolutely love:

"A year from now you're going to wish you started a year ago."

Replace the year with six months.

You can do it! Do you really want to go backwards? Keep trudging forward no matter how hard some days are.
  • jaq36jaq
    jaq36jaq Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have been searching the boards for a topic that fits where I am at and this is the one!
    I started in September and for 2 months did really well and am really pleased at losing 12 lb. That is the most I have managed for years and this way of tracking clicked and worked for me! But then I got stuck, stopped tracking, started eating things I had cut out and now we have Christmas , chocolates, yummy food!! I have already put a couple of pounds back on, but want to get back on track - to help and encouragement appreciated please
  • rufwil
    rufwil Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I would be glad to help, feel free to add me as a friend and I will lend my support. You have certainly come too far to give in. A cheat day is needed every now and then, but the secret is having friends there to help you get back on track if you find yourself slipping any longer than you would like. I look forward to hearing from you and good luck with reaching all your short time and long time goals!