Breakfast (Cereal is Haunting Me)

Options
Hello Everyone!

I have been eating cereal almost every morning for breakfast ..........forever! :happy:
High fiber, organic, some kind of healthier cereal. It's fast, easy and good source of fiber.

HOWEVER......I've noticed my daily carb count is way too high. The cereal has 44 grams a serving!!!

I also eat fruit, multi grain bread sometimes and sweet potatoes etc. (not all in one day necessarily) LOL!
I'd rather get my daily carbs from a variety of foods for my snacks and dinner and not start the day with
44 grams haunting me.

So this morning I made eggs in a corn tortilla with veggies.

I was just wondering if anyone out there also switched from cereal to a low carb breakfast?
And what changes did you see? What breakfast ideas did you come up with?

Thanks! :smile:

Replies

• purpletrillium
    Options
    I have egg beaters with mushrooms and whatever veggies I have around. If I'm in a hurry, egg mcmuffin fast food sandwiches aren't too bad if you only eat one side of the bread.
  • anyonebutmehaha
    Options
    i personally found that if i eat cold cereal for breakfast, no matter how high fiber and organic i will be 'carb scrounging' late night that day. it just leads to a struggling night for me.
    but imho you don't want to eat the same thing for any one meal every day anyways so maybe it is time to explore all the other options out there for your first meal of day?