Laser hair removal experiences.

Options
2»

Replies

• _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing treatments for my upper lip, I'm getting my 3rd session next month. For me it's been SUPER EASY and almost painless. The procedure literally takes 5 seconds. I was pretty nervous about it since I didn't know if it would hurt or not. After my first session I laughed out loud because I was expecting it to be much worse then it was. I'd compare the feeling to getting pinched for a second.

I've heard that the thicker the hair is the more you feel the laser so your experience might be different if you are doing your underarms or something like that.
  • snowstorme
    snowstorme Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in this too. How much does it cost?
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options

I had a groupon for 6 sessions that cost $99.
  • klm80
    klm80 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Love this thread! i really want to do this when i have the cash!
  • grrl77
    grrl77 Posts: 108
    Options
    I got the groupon for $99 too! You don't happen to live in Portland, do you? ;)
  • grrl77
    grrl77 Posts: 108
    Options
    I got the groupon for $99 too! You don't happen to live in Portland, do you? ;)
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I had one treatment on my bikini line. Never went back because it was too painful.

Now that I have been through the excruciating pain of laser tattoo removal, I may go back for the hair removal. After having the tattoos done, I feel like I can handle anything!
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    One of my friends had the hair on her arms removed in high school with a laser [she was going to do her underarms too but it ended up being too painful] and on her last treatment they turned the laser up a little higher and basically she had half moon shapes all over her arms...It looked like fish scales kind of. But yea they turned it up a little too high & it burned her, eventually the burns scabbed over, but then when they scabs healed she was left with white half moon shapes [she's originally from south america, so she's dark] She wore long sleeves & tanned & finally got them to blend with her skin. Had another friend who had her eye brows done but jerked at on point & she has a part of her brow thats a little thinner.

Having a groupon for $99 scares me...Is this place legit? Something like laser hair removal you want done correctly & professionally...It can cause serious harm to you.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    bump
  • diddyk
    diddyk Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I've had two types of laser hair removal, IPL on my underarms and Elos laser on my legs and Brazilian. It hurts a little bit at first, but the more sessions you have the less it hurts.

I don't shave my underarms at all any more (5 sessions of IPL and 4 of Elos) and everywhere else I've only had 4 of Elos, still shaving, about once a week, but the change is incredible. I don't think it hurts any more than waxing, but the results are well worth it.

Also, bought both my types of laser on Wagjag. I :heart: laser hair removal!!!
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    The little form claims that it's very minimal discomfort. I guess they put this cold gel straight out of the fridge on the area, then just go to town. It's nervous excitement! I can't imagine not having to shave under my chin every single day. I think for me, it's the 'what to expect' deal. Like when I go to the doctor, it's the same thing. I'm not a big wuss by any means, I think I just dread the 'unknown.' lol. Silly.

Just remember.... the results will be different if you have PCOS.
    I don't think anyone else in this thread has mentioned they have it -- so I'm sure they are thrilled :)
    I am too, but it doesn't stop the need for shaving (if you already are at the shaving stage) but it WILL mitigate it alot.
    Mine went from very dark, thick to light and thinner... and I can get away with shaving every other day (which is a huge improvement from sometimes twice a day.)
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options

I had it done years ago before groupon existed hahah! I paid 250 per area per session x 3 areas x 6 treatments.....ugh.
  • Kcham817
    Kcham817 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    This thread is so informative! I'm hairy as a beast and have seriously considered this, doesn't help that Groupon deals have been popping up lately either..
  • luvJOJO
    luvJOJO Posts: 1,881 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ratellcm
    ratellcm Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I just got Brazilian laser last month. HURT, but my technician was deaf so she couldn't hear me cursing. :) She missed a spot, so that 's the only bit of hair I've got right now. So far so good! I was reluctant to get the Brazilian but really, I get the worst ingrowns so I just went for it. Getting underarms done in January with more treatments "down there", as part of my Groupon. :)

I don't know about the elastic band thing, it felt to me like she was jabbing a needle into me. :S But, it literally only took like under ten minutes, and I expect that it will save me a lot of waxing $$ down the road.
  • gibor2011
    Options
    you can find information about hair removal in here:
    מכשיר להסרת שיער
    מכשיר להסרת שיער
  • gibor2011
    Options
    מכשיר להסרת שיער

you can find information about hair removal in here:
    מכשיר להסרת שיער
    http://www.derma-tech.co.il/content.php?id=59
  • candlelady
    candlelady Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have olive skin and dark hair

Had IPL done on my underarms and bikini area. Took 5 treatments to get rid of all the hair but it's all completly gone! Have shave or waxed since I got it done 4 mths ago.
    It's slightly u comfortable to get it done , but I wouldn't call it painful. It it hurts too much for you , ask the person doing it to turn the laser down. With lower laser you may need to have more treatments done