Back AGAIN to lose the same 30

I am back again..to lose the same 30 lbs I lost 6 months ago. I could really use some support and motivation and general help from fellow MFP'ers...as all of my old friends are either gone, or have un friended me.

I really want to stick to this for the long term this time, and make it a way of life instead of just a way to lose weight. I did great last year, but I had an all or nothing approach that honestly, I think got me in the end, I wont do that this time. Yes, I am changing my eating habits and the things I eat for the most part, but I will NOT deprive myself 7 days a week as I did before..and I may even not be so great on the weekends, but I will continue, and I will lose this weight one way or another. :)

Replies

• MonDeee
    MonDeee Posts: 37 Member
    You can do this! I hear it's even easier the second time ;)
    Best of luck!
  • You can do it! GOOD LUCK:)
  • barbscott1
    barbscott1 Posts: 6 Member
    I think that is why I like this better than any other system I have tried. I don't deprive myself of anything, nothing is off limits. I just record it. Sometimes I go over my calorie goal sometimes I don't. Just know that each day is making a difference in all of your tomorrows. Good Luck and Merry Christmas.

PS I have lost everyweek since August 22.
  • aimsterct
    aimsterct Posts: 37 Member
    I'm right there with you. I lost 35 lbs back in 2007-2008, and as soon as I hit my goal it slowly started creeping back up on me. The first six months, 10 lbs came back. Then five more over the next six. And so on and so on until I'd gained back 30 of the 35.

I am trying to be smarter about it this time. Like the previous poster said, nothing is off limits. I just log everything. I don't beat myself up if I go over...I just start again the next day. I've been very slow with my loss....only 12 lbs since the end of Sept. But I'm just at that point where things really are fitting differently and people are noticing. Which is motivation to keep going. Right now it doesn't feel like a "diet"...it just feels like the way I am now.

We can do it!
  • waterwing
    waterwing Posts: 214 Member
    You can definitely do it! Now that you know all the tricks you'll be a genius this time!
  • I will attest to this ... I still eat a lot of the foods I enjoy. Nothing is off limits ... the only thing I have cut back on are sweets, but I still enjoy them from time to time ... and I have lost weight every week for the last 110 days!

You put in some exercise there it will do you wonders! I started running after a 2 year break (after my daughter was born) and after 4 months of training I finished my first half-marathon recently! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!
  • healthchick
    healthchick Posts: 75 Member
    You can do it. I too have done this journey twice, in 2004 I lost 30kg and of course vowed to stay little for ever, however by 2010 the weight was back (my fault I simply let myself return to the bad choices and no exercise lifestyle). Everything changed in 2011 (April) and there is nothing like a hospital admission resulting in an acute cholecystectomy for instant changes to occur. This time I will not be going back to bad habits.

Welcome back and believe in yourself (YOU CAN DO IT)
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    I am in the same boat! This a terrible time of year to start weight loss. Oh the holidays! I have been gaining and losing the same 15 lbs this whole year! My ultimate goal is 40 lbs.