1 tbs. canola oil
2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
6 oz. snow-pea pods, trimmed
cup smooth all-natural peanut butter
2 tbsp. hot water
1 tbsp. rice vinegar
1 tsp. lime juice
4 cups hot cooked brown rice

1) Preheat broiler. Pat tofu dry and slice. In a bowl, mix 1 tbsp. soy sauce and oil. Add tofu. 2) Arrange tofu on foil lined baking sheet. Broil 4" from heat for 8-10 minutes or until browned, turning once. 3) Meanwhile, in a saucepan boil carrots in lightly salted water for 3 minutes. Add peas, cook 1 minute. Drain, return to pan. 4) In a bowl, whisk together peanut butter, water, vinegar, lime juice, and remaining soy sauce until smooth. Drizzle sauce over tofu. Place tofu on top of rice and veggies. Makes 8 cups.

Nutrition per 2 cups: 288 calories; 10g protein; 10g fat (2g sat fat); 37g carbs; 4g fiber; 74mg calcium; 2mg iron; 243 mg sodium.

Got this recipe out of the January 2012 Parents magazine!

Replies

• Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Yum!
    But how much peanut butter?
  • CRSE1214
    CRSE1214 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Yum!
    But how much peanut butter?

I'm guessing that means 1 cup copied it from the magazine.
  • angelaacreamer
    Options
    I just saw this on recipe.com. The correct amount of peanut butter is 1/4 cup. Hope this helps.
  • aksoper
    aksoper Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info on where to find the recipe. Nutritional info is a little different than what's posted above. Do you think the calorie count includes the rice or not? I'm guessing not.
  • tamkay7
    tamkay7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Glad to find the right amount of peanut butter here. Made for dinner tonight and used a cup of peanut butter and it was ridiculous. Looked like frosting on top of the tofu squares, no drizzle capability at all. Will try again soon! Thanks