MFP on phone

Options
Does anyone use the app on your phone,and if so, does it really help you?

Replies

• Junepal
    Junepal Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Marking as I am interested in knowing too as I am getting a new phone for Christmas :)
  • jjolson70
    Options
    YES! I actually like(d) using the app better than the computer. It's so easy. Once I get through the holidays, I'm getting back on it. I still have my app rarin' to go.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I use the app when I am out, deciding what I want to eat in restaurants. I try to pick out the healthiest looking thing on the menu, but put it into MFP before I order to see how bad it really is. Even if I have to guestimate, that is better than being totally blindsided if I get home later and realized I consumed way too much. Or I can decide to eat the salad bar and take half the dinner home (get a box before I start eating and put half of it away.)
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    I used to use the app all the time when I first started. Now I use my computer mostly. The app is nice when entering foods because you can scan the barcode (I have an Android). It's also nice when you are out away from home.
  • carrie_eggo
    Options
    I use the app when I am out, deciding what I want to eat in restaurants. I try to pick out the healthiest looking thing on the menu, but put it into MFP before I order to see how bad it really is. Even if I have to guestimate, that is better than being totally blindsided if I get home later and realized I consumed way too much. Or I can decide to eat the salad bar and take half the dinner home (get a box before I start eating and put half of it away.)

This too. :)
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I use the phone app all the time. It's great when I'm out or when I just don't want to fire the laptop up.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I used to use the app all the time when I first started. Now I use my computer mostly. The app is nice when entering foods because you can scan the barcode (I have an Android). It's also nice when you are out away from home.

^^ this ^^
  • sunshineweaver
    Options
    I use it on my Blackberry.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    The iphone one is really great becuase when you search a food, it actually shows you the calories in it without having to choose this one... I hate on my pc, I choose one, and then realize the calorie count is wrong and have to delete it.

The only thing my can't do it check the message boards!

Love it, rarely use the one on my pc unless at work on lunch break (like now!)

ps - also good when you are out and about you can remember what your calories left for the day are!
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    I use it and it helps when I'm out.
  • mrsjenfrank
    mrsjenfrank Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    ipod/iphone app = yes. blackberry app = no. it sucks, IMO.
    I use the app more than I do online to add my food/exercise. Only thing I use on the computer for is the boards/groups. :)
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I use it all the time - I love it, but I hate that you cant read message boards.
  • Staceydoodles
    Options
    I had the app before realising there's a whole website full of support here! I love the app and use it allllll the time, its so convenient to log food on the go! Xx
  • 65PONY
    65PONY Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I use it escpecially if I'm going to eat out...I check the calorie count to make sure I stay on Goal for the Day!
  • carrie_eggo
    Options
    I hate on my pc, I choose one, and then realize the calorie count is wrong and have to delete it.

Really? When you look up a food and click it from the choices a box shows up on the right hand side. Before you choose the serving size and add it to your meal, click the little blue letters "nutritional info" and it will show you. It also helps to know how many confirmations (regarding correct nutritional info) it has.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I have an Android based phone and I love it. I can scan barcodes on things, which I appreciate, and it's great for me because I'm only ever home for dinner really. Some things are easier on the computer, but I use it on my phone more. I mainly use the computer for recipe entering and browsing the forums.
  • sm423
    sm423 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    The phone is great for entering in your food and exercise, especially when your out and about. But logging in from a computer gives you full access of the site.
  • aimsterct
    aimsterct Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I agree....I have the iPhone app, I actually started using that before the website. It makes it super easy to log your food when you're out. It's great to check the calorie counts of foods before you input them....or order them, even. I even used it during a power outage a few months ago. It's definitely a good thing.
  • Fitwam
    Fitwam Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I use the phone when I am away from my home computer...so moslty during the day. I find it great to enter food, check out restaurants etc. Not so helpful for messaging friends or forum chats. I have the Droid by the way. I did get a message recently there is an Ap for the iPad which I think would be GREAT..if I had one! ha ha..
    I am on the road a lot with business and I like the forum chats and have learned so much! Miss them when I have phone only!
  • geri1955
    geri1955 Posts: 106
    Options
    OMG YES!! I love it ...Im mainly on the iphone when i'm on MFP, it is sooooo convenient and right there when you need it, especially at a restaurant, work etc. when u dont feel like waiting for your computer to turn on, as mine takes a few minutes!!! The iphone just click on the app and ur on!!! the only thing I dont like is I cant read the blogs unless i go on, but that little thing does NOT bother me, if I wanna read stuff I'll go on line!! But yes def do the MFP apps!!! :bigsmile: