sparkling water ?

Options
Is it ok that i drink more sprakling water than regular water?? I like it because it keeps me full during the day, but i don't know if is bad for you?? Thanks

Replies

• FitnessBarbie99
    FitnessBarbie99 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I don't see how it could be bad for you. I drink a bottle or two of Deer Park fizzy water every day. It's a nice change from plain water and tea and I've never been a big soda fan.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Studies have found some association between carbonated drinks and bone fractures, but it's my understanding this is more colas than soda water. A few articles are:
    http://www.ehow.com/about_5365577_harmful-effects-carbonated-water.html
    http://www.eatingwell.com/nutrition_health/bone_health/can_drinking_seltzers_sodas_or_other_carbonated_drinks_harm_bones
  • jazminjes
    Options
    Thank you soo much!! i guess im gonna lower my intake of sparkling water..
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Thank you soo much!! i guess im gonna lower my intake of sparkling water..

I'm not sure you need to, just something to look at some more I guess.
  • rheiah
    rheiah Posts: 84
    Options
    I love sparkling water, but I find it upsets my stomach (as does any carbonated drink). So I'm now sticking to boring old still water....
  • hmuh
    hmuh Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Sparkling water is keeping me sane right now! I can't get enough of the stuff. My doc said it's fine. :drinker:
  • Veganniee
    Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    i would see it in the context of what else would you be drinking if you didn't have sparkling water. If the answer is still water then it's probably not a good idea, if the answer is cola then stock up on the fizzy water!
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Unflavored sparkling water is the same for you health-wise as regular water.
  • brigg9
    brigg9 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    As long as it's pure water with no sugar added, I'd say drink up.

There are a few methods to carbonate liquids in the food industry, and the most common is through forced carbonation. In a nutshell, they put the liquid in a sealed container and force C02 into the same container as the liquid. The increased pressure of the gas forces the container to find an equilibrium with the liquid, hence the C02 is pushed into the liquid ("carbonating" it).

Water, soda, and beer are commonly carbonated in this fashion.

When you get into alcohols, the carbonation process can change a bit depending on the final containers or the packaging process. Some will use yeast (which is used in the fermentation process - it produces alcohol and C02) to re-ferment in the bottle, and thus carbonate the beer in the bottle.

Probably more info than you cared to know. So I guess for the most part I wouldn't worry about drinking carbonated water.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Drink whatever you want, it all hydrates you. Just be mindful of calories if what you choose to drink has calories in it.
  • Hambone23
    Hambone23 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I went from regular Coke to Diet Coke to non-diet (no added artificial sweetners) sparkling water. I hated losing the carbonation of a coke (for some reason, it feels like it cleans my palate better -- the carbonation, that is), but I wanted to make a healthier change and drink more water. So I drink sparkling water a lot now. I guess I agree that I feel it's better than what I used to -- or could be -- drinking.
  • nadiB
    nadiB Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I love sparkling water and it does make you feel full, but makes me really bloated :-(
  • beatleschic87
    beatleschic87 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE sparkling water. It has replaced my soda intake and I can definitely feel the difference. I don't feel sluggish because honestly even if I drink diet soda I end up feeling like ****. All bloated and dehydrated. Cheers to sparkling water! :drinker:
  • sms1986
    sms1986 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I personally often drink normal water with a slice of fruit such as a lemon in it, which gives the water a nice taste. I used to drink a lot of Diet Coke, but I haven't drank that for a long time.
  • Veganniee
    Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Unflavored sparkling water is the same for you health-wise as regular water.

carbonated drinks can cause some indigestion or reflux problems for some people. For those people it's best to limit sparkling drinks as much as possible.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Drink whatever you want, it all hydrates you. Just be mindful of calories if what you choose to drink has calories in it.

Tigersword speaking great wisdom yet again! :D
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    :drinker: