fitting your workout in

Options
it is so hard to get in a good hard work out with a crazy busy day!...how do you guys fit it in?

Replies

• scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    5am or 8pm. Before the kids wake up, work etc... or after the kids go to sleep. Otherwise, it doesn't get done.
  • MochaBlues
    MochaBlues Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I set my alarm at 5:00 am most days and try to knock out a 60 minute workout first thing in the morning, or like last night got it in at 10:30 p.m. There's ALWAYS time during the day, the problem is convincing yourself of it otherwise.
  • sgraves06
    sgraves06 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Every Morning:
    I wake up 30 minutes early (6:15am) to get in a cardio workout before getting ready for work....on weekends I workout right when I wake up, or if waking up to an alarm- give myself an additional 30 minutes.

Every Evening:
    I exercise every evening. No matter what time I get home, or what I have planned. I take 45-60 minutes to workout. This includes weekends, it can sometimes be rough... but you aren't going to see results without hard work!
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I walk first thing in the morning (I get up earlier than I would like) then do a core strength class 2x a week on my way home from work in the evening. It works for me and my schedule, because when I get home at night I know I will not be working out. I am tired and will get lazy.

We are all busy- blame it on work, kids, school, spouses, charity work, etc. If you prioritize, you can fit it in.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I work graveyard 11pm-7am. So I go right after work, I sometimes bring my gym clothes with me so I change before I leave work and head straight to the gym or jog outside. I also work weekends and it's rarely busy during the weekends at my work so I take advantage of that and go outside to walk/jog @2am. Everyones busy, you just need to find what works for you.
  • BeesKnees181
    BeesKnees181 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Mornings can be tough for me, so I pack my gym bag and go straight to the gym after work. No excuses! Busy days do make things tough, but I know I deserve my time which is my workout. In a busy schedule, don't forget about yourself. "When you help yourself, you help the entire world."
  • mysteria_
    mysteria_ Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I go for walks on my lunch break!!
  • likeaphoenix28
    Options
    I go (when I go...) right after work before anything else. If it doesn't get done then, it's not getting done. And today I'm already feeling the familiar laziness creeping in.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I make it a priotity in my life. I dont watch tv for this reason. If its important, you make time for it.