Insanity while sick

Options
I'm so sick -flu and sore throat- , cant even get out of bed. I didn't do insanity for 2 days now and feel so bad and guilty.

I'm in my last week of month 1 , did pure cardio and cardio abs on sunday , i was kinda sick though but then i got really really worse.

so now that i've missed two days , how do i get back on track ? if i get better tomorrow - hopefully - , should i cancel cardio recovery and rest for this week and replace them with those two days ?

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I'm so sick -flu and sore throat- , cant even get out of bed. I didn't do insanity for 2 days now and feel so bad and guilty.

I'm in my last week of month 1 , did pure cardio and cardio abs on sunday , i was kinda sick though but then i got really really worse.

so now that i've missed two days , how do i get back on track ? if i get better tomorrow - hopefully - , should i cancel cardio recovery and rest for this week and replace them with those two days ?
    What i do and suggest, take the week off and get better then restart the week next week. You dont want to workout while sick as you wont have the energy and can prevent your body from getting better.
  • Marwanyne
    Options

What i do and suggest, take the week off and get better then restart the week next week. You dont want to workout while sick as you wont have the energy and can prevent your body from getting better.

wont that affect my progress ?
  • Iheartsushi
    Iheartsushi Posts: 150 Member
    Options

Not in the long run. If you keep working out while sick your body will shut down which will affect your progress more than if you take a few rest days. My two cents...
  • busterbluth
    busterbluth Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hey, I've not done any cardio for about a MONTH because I kept pushing myself when I was sick and got sicker and sicker. Just let yourself recover. You'll make it up later.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options

Nope because your body is working to fight an infection. So when you workout, your body stops fighting an infection and starts to rebuild muscle. This is why you stay sick longer.