Shoes for exercising...?

Options
Alright, right now, I use these shoes for when I work out. They're kind of old, maybe 1.5 years or so (but I never really used them on a daily basis, I'm more of a flip-flop girl). They're just plain Soho shoes I got from Payless one day when I needed a pair of tennis shoes.
211ngn.jpg

RIght now, I'm not doing much running (it's hard enough for me to make it to the gym anyway). I usually spend about 30 minutes on the treadmill, walking at an incline of 3 or 3.5, at a speed of about 4 mph. I only run for maybe 5 minutes of this session, but I'm trying to work my way up.

So, should I worry about getting some real running shoes or anything, or just think about that later if/when I start running more? Tomorrow's my birthday, so I'll be getting some moniessss, but if I don't need to, I'd prefer to not blow all that money on shoes if I don't need them.

Any thoughts/inputs/opinions are welcome! Thanks! :)

Replies

• H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    your shoes should provide proper support...whether you're just walking around the mall, going 3-3.5 mph on the treadmill, or running. For me, my shoes don't make it 18 months with giving proper support. I can't tell you if your current pair does or does not, but if they aren't shoes you could walk around in for an hour or two without thinking about them, then they probably aren't providing proper support and I would get a new pair.