Recipe Idea needed for these ingredients-

Options
PudgyPigeon
PudgyPigeon Posts: 89 Member
So, I need your help…
I have the following ingredients in my house and the only thing I can think of to make is an omelet. If you have any other ideas on what to make with these items without me going out and buying more things- that would be great! Otherwise, share your Omelet recipe with me.

Ingredients:
Eggs
Steak
Milk
Cheddar Cheese
Red Pepper Flakes
Broccoli
Onion
Green Pepper
Green Chiles
White Rice
Dijon Mustard
Honey
Garlic, salt, pepper, chili powder and some other seasonings

Help?

Replies

• UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Some kind of beef stir fry?
  • DHalaby73
    DHalaby73 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Stuffed Pepper Soup
    Skinnytaste.com
    Servings: 6 • Size: 1 1/3 cups soup, 1/2 cup rice • Old Points: 5 pts • Points+: 7 pts
    Calories: 261.2 • Fat: 4.8 g • Carb: 37.5 g • Fiber: 4.7 g • Protein: 17.6 g • Sugar: 6 g
    Sodium: 606.3 g (without salt)

Ingredients:
    3 cups cooked brown rice
    1 lb 95% lean ground beef
    1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
    1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
    1 cup finely diced onion
    3 cloves garlic, chopped
    2 cans (14.5 oz each) cans petite diced tomatoes
    1 3/4 cups tomato sauce
    2 cups reduced sodium, fat-free chicken broth
    1/2 tsp dried marjoram
    salt and fresh pepper to taste

Directions:

In a large pot or dutch oven, brown ground meat on high heat and season with salt. Drain fat if any, reduce heat to medium-low, then add peppers, onions and garlic. Cook about 5 minutes on low heat.

Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth, marjoram and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and simmer on low heat for 30 minutes. Serve about 1 1/3 cups of soup in each bowl and top with 1/2 cup cooked brown rice.

Makes about 8 cups.
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Broccoli beef with rice
  • cassuccino
    cassuccino Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    You could do a stir-fry with the steak and veggies... over white rice. Or you could turn it into a 'fried' rice with the egg... Or you could make some kind of soup... I'll think about it some more and see if I can come up with something else. =)
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    quiche. YUM!
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    So, I need your help…
    I have the following ingredients in my house and the only thing I can think of to make is an omelet. If you have any other ideas on what to make with these items without me going out and buying more things- that would be great! Otherwise, share your Omelet recipe with me.

Ingredients:
    Eggs
    Steak
    Milk
    Cheddar Cheese
    Red Pepper Flakes
    Broccoli
    Onion
    Green Pepper
    Green Chiles
    White Rice
    Dijon Mustard
    Honey
    Garlic, salt, pepper, chili powder and some other seasonings

Help?
    I'd make a Broccoli casserole as a side with my broiled steak.

cook the rice, then simmer the veggies in olive oil. Drain and combine it all with the eggs and cover the top with cheese.
    Bake 20 minutes. And either grill or broil that steak.
  • lexagon
    lexagon Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Variation on fried rice.

Chop up all the veggies, the beef, even the egg if you want. That's usually pretty good. Add some spices for an extra kick.

Grilled Veggies/Beef :)
  • s163
    s163 Posts: 1
    Options
    You could make a quesadilla. Put the ingredients between two low carb tortillas and "fry" in pan sprayed with PAM.
  • DHalaby73
    DHalaby73 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Quick Skillet Steak with Onions and Mushrooms
    Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 1/4th (about 4 oz) • Old Points: 2 pts • Points+: 2 pts
    Calories: 95.4 • Fat: 4.1 g • Protein: 12.5 g • Carb: 3.5 g • Fiber: 1.0 g • Sugar: 1.1 g Sodium: 26.8 mg (without salt)

Ingredients:
    1/2 lb thin cut beef round sandwich steaks
    1/2 large onion, sliced into rings
    1/2 tsp olive oil
    8 oz sliced mushrooms
    4 seconds cooking spray (I like Smart Balance)
    garlic powder to taste
    salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste

Directions:

Slice beef into thin strips. Season with salt, garlic powder and fresh pepper to taste. Heat a large skillet over high heat. When the skillet is very hot, spray with cooking spray and add half of the beef. Cook one minute, then turn steak and cook an additional 30 seconds. Set aside in a large dish.

Spray the skillet again and when it gets hot add the remaining steak, cooking one minute, then turning and cooking 30 seconds more. Add remaining steak to the dish. Return skillet to heat and spray once again with cooking spray; add onions and season with salt and pepper. Cook one minute, then turn and cook onions an additional 30 seconds or until onions are golden.

Lower heat to medium and add 1/2 tsp olive oil to the skillet, add mushrooms, salt and pepper and lightly spray the top of the mushrooms with cooking spray. Cook 1 1/2 minutes, then turn mushrooms and cook another minute and a half. Add to dish with steak and onions and stir to combine. Serve over rice.
  • damifogg
    damifogg Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You have loads of stuff in your house. I hate you right now.

I have;
    Tinned tuna
    2 slices of cheese
    Tin of baked beans
    Maple syrup
    Granola
    Tiny bit of milk left.

I'm thinking tuna, cheese and baked beans..... is that wrong?
  • SheRa1964
    Options
    I just love omelets so gonna share that even though it all sounds yum.

Actually I make scrambled eggs. I put olive oil in the pan and cut up mushrooms, onions, jalepeno peppers. I cook that for a little while and usually I put turkey bacon into the microwave for 5 mins. Then I add eggs to the veggies and cook. YUM I put salsa on the side.
  • leslielt
    leslielt Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    steak and fried rice
  • PudgyPigeon
    PudgyPigeon Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    You have loads of stuff in your house. I hate you right now.

I have;
    Tinned tuna
    2 slices of cheese
    Tin of baked beans
    Maple syrup
    Granola
    Tiny bit of milk left.

I'm thinking tuna, cheese and baked beans..... is that wrong?

damifogg- you just reminded me that I have two cans of tuna and some syrup as well. :D

Thanks everybody for the help.
  • Bigaug
    Bigaug Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    peppers, steak, and rice from skinnytaste.com

Strips of beef and peppers are stir fried in a wok to create a delicious main dish, ready in no time!
    I love stir fried anything, this pepper steak is always a hit in my house. The key when stir frying is to have all your ingredients chopped and prepped before you start to cook. Once prepped, your meal will be ready in minutes. This is perfect served over white or brown rice.

Pepper Steak
    Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 4 • Cook Time: 10 minutes • Old Points: 5.5 • Points+: 6
    Calories: 235.3 • Fat: 8.9 g • Protein: 35.4 g • Carb: 11.8 g • Fiber: 1.2 g

Ingredients:

12 oz top round beef, trimmed to 1/8" fat, prime grade
    4 tsp plus 3 tbsp soy sauce
    1 tbsp rice wine
    3 tsp cornstarch
    5 tsp vegetable oil
    1 large onion, sliced into thin strips
    1 bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
    1/2 tsp black pepper
    crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
    Directions:
    Slice meat into thin slices with the grain. Cut each strip across the grain about 1" long so you have small thin slices. Place in a bowl and add 4 tsp of soy sauce, 1 tbsp of rice wine, 1 tsp cornstarch and black pepper.

In a small bowl, mix 3 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp water and 2 tsp cornstarch. Set aside.

Heat the wok on high heat. Swirl in 1 tbsp oil and add the beef spreading evenly in the wok. Cook undisturbed for 20 seconds letting the beef brown. Using a spatula, stir meat, cooking another 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate.

Add remaining 2 tsp of oil to wok, add peppers and onions and cook about 2 minutes. Return beef to the wok, add the sauce and red pepper flakes and stir fry about 30 seconds until slightly thickened.