im new to group

Options
Hi my name is Christina and im 35 yrs. old-- im am considered obese at only 5 ft and weigh 250.. i work at mcdonald's but dont really eat anything bad there.. and im on my feet for at least 3 hrs a day sometimes more.. i am hoping to get healthier.. i think part of my problem is that i dont eat except once a day mostly and thats usually at night at home-- i sometimes eat 3 x a day but not always and i dont realy exercise much becuase it kills my back and hips..

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated..

christina

Replies

• cchristiana73
    Options
    Hi my name is Christina and im 35 yrs. old-- im am considered obese at only 5 ft and weigh 250.. i work at mcdonald's but dont really eat anything bad there.. and im on my feet for at least 3 hrs a day sometimes more.. i am hoping to get healthier.. i think part of my problem is that i dont eat except once a day mostly and thats usually at night at home-- i sometimes eat 3 x a day but not always and i dont realy exercise much becuase it kills my back and hips..

christina
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    If you have the resources, I think water aerobics would be a great place for you to start. Easy on the joints & very effective!

Good luck to you! I hope this site helps you greatly! :flowerforyou:
  • PinkShoes
    PinkShoes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome!
    I just started using this website about a month or so ago and I love it! I has a lot of helpful tools!
    Have you looked into any workout videos? (Try Amazon for a huge selection and lower prices than stores). I workout much of the time using videos and I know there are a lot of low impact ones that may be helpful to you. Walk Away the Pounds is a great one that is super low impact but also gives a good workout. Also, I've heard from many health and fitness experts that eating several times a day as opposed to just once or twice a day is much better and will actually help you lose weight (as long as you are eating healthy, low fat foods throughout the day and keeping your calories in check) because it keeps your metabolism up. Drinking lots of water helps too!
    Hope some of my advice helps!
    Welcome again and good luck on your jouney! :-)

133914.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

christina
    Hi your a lot like me Im also 5ft and started here over 250...I will send u a message ..welcome to mfp!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,931 Member
    Options
    Hi Christina,
    Welcome. If you use MFP to plan your meals you'll learn a lot. Take it one day at a time. make changes gradually. baby steps are great. you are not alone.
    Barbie :flowerforyou: :heart:

146200.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site, it is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: