HRM

Options
I've read the threads on HRMs and it seems beneficial to know how many calories I burn. Are they only good to determine how many calories burned during work outs or do they give you total burned calories for the day? Also, do you have to use the chest strap for it to be accurate? Is there just one that is a simple watch that I wear and it tells me the data. Confused about them so keep the answers rollin. Thanks in advance:smile:

Replies

• jilld76
    jilld76 Posts: 324
    Options
    there are heart rate monitors with chest straps and there is another type that you have to squeeze buttons on either side of the face to take your pulse. The chest strap ones are supposed to be more accurate because they are continuously monitoring your heartrate rather than the one you have to squeeze which only takes your pulse when you do that.

If you want something that will tell you your total calories burned for the whole day, you would want something like the bodybugg, which is an armband like they wear on the biggest loser and it monitors everything you do.

There is another type similar to the bodybugg, but I can't remember the name of it, but if you google them, I'm sure it will pop up.
  • Foodie711711
    Foodie711711 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your reply