Lost all my baby weight,having trouble maintaining!

Options
In June I was 160. I got down to the 120's by September. Not by doing anything drastic. Just by working out regularly, no more than 20-30 minutes 3 days a week and watching what I ate. I took out the breads and pastas and the weight just melted off.

I reached a low of 112 about two weeks ago. I wasn't even that weight before I was pregnant! I was 129 before pregnancy!

But sticking with low carb brought me down to prepregnancy and beyond levels.

Well, I got to 112 and now it seems my body wants to go back to 129. I know I shouldn't be hung up on the numbers. I think I actually looked my best at 115 and want to hover around there. I don't exactly have to be there but I want to be close.

I know for some people the 120's are a good number but for me it's not. it's a slippery slope to the 130's, then the 140's...etc.etc. I've been down that road before and I don't want to go back.

I looked really slim yet muscular at 115. I think I was too strict and that's why I dropped to 112. Now I want to get back to 115 and have found that I am overeating to the point where I am edging closer to being back FIRMLY in the 120's. I came here to myfitnesspal in the the hopes that I could track exactly where I am going wrong.

I was horrified to see that I sometimes ingest over 2000+ cals a day!

Sometimes one meal is that much.

No wonder I am creeping up. I want to stop it in its tracks and try to maintain. Losing weight for me was the easy part. It's trying to stay in this place where i am at right now which is a struggle for me.

Replies

• FitForLife81
    FitForLife81 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! I could have wrote your post word for word lol!! Before I got pregnant my lowest was 130 and now I am at my all time lowest of 111 and I am on the path to try to figure out how many calories I can eat without gaining back. Feel free to add me we can figure it out together!!
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Would love to add you..how do I go about doing that?(Ashamed to say I am computer illiterate!)
  • apriltrainer
    Options
    Definatley had trouble maintaining today. 4 really sinful desserts today..

UGH!!
  • AshleyNicole8686
    AshleyNicole8686 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat too! I would love to maintain (110-113 right now) but if I eat more than the 1200 I go up! Feel free to add me
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    If one meal is 2000 calories, you are eating something you shouldn't... and definitely not eating in moderation...or you are only eating once a day and pigging out.

If you only need to gain a couple more pounds, just eat your maintainence calories and try adding a couple hundred extra for a few weeks and see if you gain. If not, add a little more. Make sure you are not adding in bad calories to gain weight, or you will not stay slender and toned, you'll just be gaining fat.
  • apriltrainer
    Options
    I am in the same boat too! I would love to maintain (110-113 right now) but if I eat more than the 1200 I go up! Feel free to add me

Yes, even though MFP had me at 1400. I think my actual resting metabolic rate might be lower.

I was so good for a while and now I'm eating tons of junk. Will try to stop. Just seems the lower I go, the hungrier I get. All I know is how to lose and once I get to where I would like to stay...instead of staying put, I go up. I need to reign myself in. I hope tracking things here keeps me accountable.
  • apriltrainer
    Options
    If one meal is 2000 calories, you are eating something you shouldn't... and definitely not eating in moderation...or you are only eating once a day and pigging out.

If you only need to gain a couple more pounds, just eat your maintainence calories and try adding a couple hundred extra for a few weeks and see if you gain. If not, add a little more. Make sure you are not adding in bad calories to gain weight, or you will not stay slender and toned, you'll just be gaining fat.

That's the thing...my body just is hungry over maintence..or what MFP says my maintenance is. I need to learn self control. I had two cupcakes and a cake yesterday at a xmas party..

UGH..

Talk about a caloric bomb! Actually it was more like Hiroshima.....

Will be prepared to pay the piper and then try again.
  • rachelcschmidt
    Options
    I want to hear your tips! I'm 5'2 and 128 before my babies. I got up to 183 with my first pregnancy, lost 45 lbs, then gained 35 with my 2nd baby and lost the 35 no problem. But I'm stuck at 138 and I was never about 130 before. I'm not trying to get below 125; I like myself at a healthy size 5/6. I think my exercise is great, but I've never dieted or counted calories before, and I still can't figure out how to do it without feeling starved by the end of the day...