Hello

Options
I've been using MFP for a few weeks now and finally decided to speak up a bit. So here's a little about me.

I'm currently almost 32yo. Probably the best shape of my life was when I was 20. I thought I was too scrawny then @ 5'6 / 135lbs. I was working out and just couldn't manage to "bulk up" like I had in mind, so I gave up. I finished school, started a professional career, was making more money than I was used to and pretty much got whatever food I wanted and as much of it as I wanted ..and turns out I like big portions. I love them actually. I finally found the secret to putting on weight!

I kept that up for the next decade, I got married, had a kid, got divorced, and most recently found myself around 195lbs. For quite a while now I have not been happy with how I looked for felt. It seems it takes less to make me sweat than it used to and getting shoes with laces turned out to be more trouble than it was worth. Plus, I want to set a better example for my kid and hopefully extend my longevity some. My pants-size has increased numerous times over the years. Each "upgrade" I told myself that was as far as it was going to go, but it never worked out that way it kept going up anyway. Well this time I mean it!

I've definitely lost some weight so far according to the scale, though honestly I'm not sure I look or feel all that different yet. But given enough time and progress, it will have to be undeniable before too long, I think.

Replies

• shannon1120
    shannon1120 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've definitely lost some weight so far according to the scale, though honestly I'm not sure I look or feel all that different yet. But given enough time and progress, it will have to be undeniable before too long, I think.

I think it takes awhile for it to sink in but the scales doesn't lie! Welcome and you can add me as a friend if you'ld like!