Day 21 - 30 Day Shred Pics

Options
So far I've lost 6 1/2 inches from various body parts. I've only lost 1 pound, but I'm trying not to pay attention to the scale at this point. I think maybe I'm eating too many calories, if I work out every day I've been eating 1500 cals, I may drop it down a little or just get a heart rate monitor of some sort. I can definitely tell my body has smoothed out a lot.

9 More days, but I think I'm going to keep doing and then start a Boot Camp in January.

Before
2152.jpg
Day 21 of 30 Day Shred
009-1.jpg

Before
216.jpg
Day 21 of 30 Day Shred
011.jpg

Replies

• Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Looking good! I haven't lost a pound either, and I'm on day 15 I believe. I've lost inches, but not a thing on the scale. I was eating 1,200 calories, but I'm actually increasing mine to see if that makes a difference. My BMR is 1,453, so that's my minimum to eat each day right now and we shall see what the next 15 days brings!
  • LoonyBird720
    LoonyBird720 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one!! It was a little discouraging but I just keep reminding myself that as long as I'm seeing results in my measurements then the scale isn't a huge deal right now. I'm sure a heart rate monitor will help me, I think part of my issue is I'm not sure about the exercise calories that I'm burning.
  • LoonyBird720
    Options
    Just ordered one online, can't wait to give it a try next week!!
  • 235INFidel
    235INFidel Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I can definitely see a difference. You're doing great! The mirror and tape are DEFINITELY more important than the scale, but if you are concerned with the weight, I would drop the calorie intake. I'm 5'10" male and MFP has me at 1300 cal/day to lose 2 lbs. a week. Personally, I don't track calories burned through exercise. It's just too much effort (if you want to be accurate) and I have better things to do lol. I figure the exercise gives me a good calorie cushion. I do use a heart rate monitor, but more to keep myself from slacking off during cardio.
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • Maidei
    Maidei Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    You definitely have smoothed out a lot! I see a big difference in your thighs. You are doing great. Keep it up! I'm on day 24 and eating 1500 calories too. Have lost a little over a pound which used to disappoint me but am working on focusing on the mirror instead of the scale now.
  • Erykah3584
    Erykah3584 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Great job!! I can see a big difference in your arms as well!! Im on day 15 and Ive only lost 1 pound so far. But I have lost inches and I feel stronger! I really dont understand it, but oh well Ill take it! Im set at 1200 cals but I do eat my exercise cals back. Keep it up girl!
  • AeroL
    AeroL Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You progress is great ! I can see more definition in your posterior and thighs.
    I'm at day 2 of 30 day shred, I hope I'll have great results like yours !
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I see a big difference in your bum, thighs and your arms, well done!!! xx
  • acidosaur
    acidosaur Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I can definitely see a difference- well done!
  • Truecullers72
    Truecullers72 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    So far I've lost 6 1/2 inches from various body parts. I've only lost 1 pound, but I'm trying not to pay attention to the scale at this point. I think maybe I'm eating too many calories, if I work out every day I've been eating 1500 cals, I may drop it down a little or just get a heart rate monitor of some sort. I can definitely tell my body has smoothed out a lot.

9 More days, but I think I'm going to keep doing and then start a Boot Camp in January.

Before
    2152.jpg
    Day 21 of 30 Day Shred
    009-1.jpg

Before
    216.jpg
    Day 21 of 30 Day Shred
    011.jpg

I just started yesterday, I hope I have amazing results as well, Keep up the good work
  • SuzieQnew
    Options
    Congrats on your success so far Loney! That's awesome!!! I am on day 6 and have noticed my arms and shoulders are getting definition already. I took some pictures but I have my clothes on (Gym clothes). I have definitely noticed a difference in the endurance just like Jillian says!
    How long did you wait to move onto to level 2? I've heard 10 days, or whenever you feel comfortable? Any advice is greately appreciated!
  • LoonyBird720
    Options
    Thanks! I moved on to Level 2 after 10 days, on Thursday I'm moving on to Level 3 since I didn't exercise twice in the past couple weeks. I've only missed 3 days so far out of the 21...even though my knee is killing me!!! The best thing you can do for yourself is just keep moving even if you can't do a certain exercise, there are several that I can't do but when all else fails I'll do something else to just keep my heart rate up.
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    That's some great results you're seeing! I can really tell in your arms especially. It seems like everyone gets a 'better' butt from this workout, and you are too! I'm starting in January with my daughter. I only did about a week of it last time and hope to do all 30 this goaround. Congrats on your fantastic job!
  • blooming_soul
    blooming_soul Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You are definitely more toned!!! Good job! I just finished Level One and have not lost one pound! I've lost one inch off my hips and half an inch off my waist, so that's good! My endurance has improved immensely!
    1lb of muscle and 1lb of fat is still 1lb! So be happy that you are gaining muscle! The more muscle you have the more calories you burn!!
    Thank you Jillian, you are a genius!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!