Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Homewreckers, how have you dealt with 'em?

BioShocked89
BioShocked89 Posts: 330 Member
As I have been overweight for about half my life, I have self esteem issues. My boyfriend Nich, (nstuartm12) loves me and supports me and only wants me to lose weight for my health, not because it'll make me look sexier. However, he who is at 6'0 ft tall and weighs 208, has only a bit of a gut and not much fat anywhere else, and is very very VERY handsome. Naturally, when other girls see me with him, me being 282 lbs and 5'6-5'7, they think they can hit on him all they want and I'll just go lay down in a corner and eat a tube of cookie dough. (3 years ago, that probably would have been true, haha)

However, I've learned to take care of business since then. I trust Nich, but I still don't like other girls oggling him like he's the choice piece of meat and they're the hungriest bear in the forest.

FOR EXAMPLE: A girl who Nich used to know in grade school has been eyeing him since we started dating, coming up on 2 years ago in early March. Before Nich met me, he tried to hang out with her-just on a friendly basis. She turned her nose up, constantly stood him up. Suddenly, we start dating and she's Facebook stalking us, checking on how happy we are, constantly.
Fast forward to my pregnancy with our beautiful daughter Scarlett. Nich tells the girl that we're pregnant and she asks over and over if he is sure he is happy, trying to shake him from his confidence. He responds "I'm scared to be a father, but I'm really happy and excited!" She asks: x20 "But are you REALLY happy?"

Fast forward to starting up MyFitnessPal again. Nich, Scarlett, and I have been walking in the mall as a family to lose weight. (Scarlett riding in her stroller for now, haha) The girl is currently a security guard at said mall. It's too cold to walk anywhere else, as any other places to walk are 20-30 minute drives. Every time she sees Nich, she gives a flirtatous look or a sly smile. She follows us as she patrols, and somehow ends up in front of us if Nich pays her no attention. I ignore her as she ignores me. Until she caught me at my breaking point.

As she goes to give Nich a big smile and a wave, proceeds to say "Hey!" Nich looks up to find her staring at me. For I gave her this look:

50990332-f0f7-4bce-9ced-3a4458015af8.jpg

Oh, how quickly her face melted into a puddle of "OH SH**!"

SO, my long point is, how have you guys dealt with your own personal crazy homewreckers, who have tried to split you and your significant other up?

Replies

• Good god, what a creepy weirdo stalker!

I have had different kinds of stalkers... they have tried to call my family and tell them all kinds of wild stories in order to egg some slip-up out of them / turn them against me (more than they are now at least). What they don't expect to encounter are a pack of stubborn, grumpy-assed military / ex-military / spec-ops folks who don't put up with that kind of crap. Top that off with ties to law enforcement, and you end up with a pair of stalkers whose mailboxes end up filled with restraining orders... and that's just the friendly part.

Looking at your situation, I'd say you don't have many choices in regards to locales. Try this:

If you catch her giving your man a creepy once-over, plot with him to lead her on a bit without her noticing you. Then have him pull you over for a nice long, romantic kiss. A little tush-grab doesn't hurt either ;)

If he initiates the kiss, then it only sends the message home.

Yeah, creepy stalker chick needs to get a life and a man of her own >.>
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Ignore her/them. Nobody wrecks a home except the members of it. An outsider can only take advantage of the already wrecked home. Jealousy and insecurity are ugly traits. Be better than that. Don't worry about convincing others you are happy together. Knowing it yourself is what matters.

That woman for me would be a non issue unless she crossed a line like touching my husband - making unwanted advances to the point he was uncomfortable. Then we would have a problem because she pissed of my husband, and she should probably be more worried about his reaction than mine. If she crossed that line she'd probably lose her mall job.
  • StoneColdLiger
    StoneColdLiger Posts: 29 Member
    The farthest she's gone is an arm grab as she passed by.

I gotta say, I'm loving the idea of the kiss and tush grab. ;)
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Sounds like to me nstuartm12 has your back-- I wouldn't worry about HER.
  • I would kill her with kindness. Smile at her. You secure and you know who he sleeps beside everynight. Dont feed into her!!! She isnt worth the time of effort. There will always be sluts out there chasing after taken men!!!
  • elviraluvzu
    elviraluvzu Posts: 33 Member
    Shes just recognized what she coulda had but lost. And now that she sees your and his happiness, she cant really deal with the reality of things. Go up to her one of these days and politely say..."hey hi! wheres my hello to me, you seem to be polite to nish but what about me? afterall, we ARE a family" you are gonna leave her eating dirt my friend.
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    I love being sweet as pie to people like that, they don't know how to handle it. My husband was constantly being hit on by this one person, and he just didn't realise that she was hitting on him (clueless). I just walked away and let her try, I knew who he was coming home to every night.

GG
  • My boyfriend is athletic and really good looking. I am Black and he is Asian. Girls are constantly hitting on him or wondering why he is with me. But I dont worry about it. If he wanted to leave, he would. He pays me constant attention anyway. So, they have nothing coming. He has what I call fangirls. But eh its whatever.
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    If I answer this honestly, you will all think I need some serious meds and maybe a straight jacket. Just put it this way: she's not a problem anymore.
  • SmangeDiggs
    SmangeDiggs Posts: 238 Member
    B*tches be crazy.
    My fiance and i have a joint FB account and he still gets the ''hey sexy'' messages from the crazies. I just name and shame them now, its a sad fact that some womans self esteem comes from being able to snag other ladies men.
    After a indiscretion early in our relationship it took me a long time to trust him again but now im able to laugh at the crazies and not let them stress me out.