At What Point Should You Call Yourself A Runner?

Options
2»

Replies

• rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    To me runner/jogger is pretty much interchangeable. If there was a subtle difference a runner might participate in races more, where a jogger just runs for health benefits. But really that is just splitting hairs.

I don't think pace matters as long you are mostly running (not walking), and you do so on a regular, consistent basis, then you are a runner/jogger in my eyes.
  • Usbornegal
    Usbornegal Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I have posted this quote many times. It's so appropriate for this thread.

If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for 20 years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run.~ John Bingham

Love this quote. I completed three half marathons in seven months, had a knee injury and am still rebuilding my distance, planning on my next half in June. Am I a runner? My mind says I'm a runner. My body says No you're not. They argue throughout any distance I do. But I am a runner because I believe I am. because I am dedicated to it, because I complete it.