Anyone else have this Bulking issue???

So i'm at the end of month 2 of my bulk and even though I know that i'll be gaining some fat with the incr calories along with the muscle....I truly hate seeing my stomach come back.
Makes me want to cut calories again to slim down but I cant build lean mass that way.
Any of you ever have that issue?

Any tips on how to get a better Lean Mass to Fat ratio?

Thanx!
Dan'O

Replies

• No tips but I sympathize with you in that I am facing the same problem and hence will give this topic a free bump.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    On a good note i'm gaining almost exactly .5lbs a week.
    As scheduled!
  • That's awesome man, I have put on a few pounds of muscle too...I am beginning to accept the fact that I may just have to look a little bit fat for a while. In the end you will be able to burn fat a lot easier with more muscle is what I am remembering too.
  • Tamstar1985
    Tamstar1985 Posts: 334 Member
    i'm not speaking from personal experience here, but rather my brother's. each time he goes through a bulking phase, he complains about his tummy fat creeping back on again! but then he is so pleased when it's time to cut and, after about a month's hard work, he's back to where he wants to be.

i'm guessing it's just one of those things that you've gotta deal with ... ?
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Fat gain is normal but if you really are determined and anal about your nutrition you can look into a recomp. Basically you will have a surplus of calories on your workout days and a deficit on your non workout days, gains are slow but also the fat gain. So you get to stay lean while packing on some mass.

www.leangains.com
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    I'm finding the bulking distressingly easy,
    tell me the step by step of cutting ....
    please??
  • PBJunky
    please??

Have a deficit and make sure you have enough protein and fat in your diet...
  • Kymmu
    please??

Have a deficit and make sure you have enough protein and fat in your diet...
  • Kymmu
    Thanks!
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    I can relate. I have less than two weeks before I start losing again and I am very excited to start. For me, knowing I was in control helped me to get past the fat gain and the scale going up.
  • Helloitsdan
    Finding out how easy it was to lose the fat in the first place was nice once I figured out all my numbers.
    It is nice knowing that in march i'll only have to do cardio for a few weeks.
    Never been a big fan of literally "running my *kitten* off"!
    I know that my ultimate goal will take a year or more but i'll keep taking pics and eating right!

Kym! We talked about this! You need to put weight ON!
    Not OFF!
    Not yet at least!
    =D
  • PBJunky
    Finding out how easy it was to lose the fat in the first place was nice once I figured out all my numbers.
    It is nice knowing that in march i'll only have to do cardio for a few weeks.
    Never been a big fan of literally "running my *kitten* off"!
    I know that my ultimate goal will take a year or more but i'll keep taking pics and eating right!

Kym! We talked about this! You need to put weight ON!
    Not OFF!
    Not yet at least!
    =D

Why will you be doing just cardio for a few weeks?

Lifting should be your first priority when building and maintaining mass, cardio should be secondary.
  • Helloitsdan
    Lifting now.
    I have a nice 3Day Split routine right now.

Between March and April i'll cut to lose any fat i've gained over the winter.
    So in March i'll be lifting in the afternoons with cardio first thing in the morning fasted.
    My cutting calories in march are around 1800 daily where now i'm eating closer to 3k.
  • PBJunky
    Lifting now.
    I have a nice 3Day Split routine right now.

Between March and April i'll cut to lose any fat i've gained over the winter.
    So in March i'll be lifting in the afternoons with cardio first thing in the morning fasted.
    My cutting calories in march are around 1800 daily where now i'm eating closer to 3k.

Sounds good
  • AbysmalFitness
    AbysmalFitness Posts: 32 Member
    have a look at this, may answer some questions? http://abysmalfitness.com/2011/12/12/muscle-mass-building/
  • Helloitsdan
    Hopefully!

I'm a 27 year old trapped in a 37 year old body!