Tapeworm Diet.. WTF?!

I somehow got onto this video from Tyra about a tapeworm diet. - http://tinyurl.com/77krs3c

Had to hold back from vomiting a few times! SO DISGUSTING!

I can't believe that people take this to lose weight! The women on the show who want it are absolute idiots.

Replies

• PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Scary how people would ruin their body for the sake of losing weight....
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    To me that's only about a half step worse the HCG diet.
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Didn't they see that episode on 1001 Ways to Die?
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    This makes me sad.
  • Tamstar1985
    Tamstar1985 Posts: 334 Member
    girls do this a lot in china, unfortunately... :(
  • Apparently this way big in the 70s before they learned the dangerous effects.
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Apparently this way big in the 70s before they learned the dangerous effects.

Side effects like death.
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Didn't they see that episode on 1001 Ways to Die?

I saw that episode. Some people are crazy.
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Desperate people. Or... lazy people. lol Gosh, I don't know ANYONE who can't lose weight if they just follow the age old "calories in calories out" formula. If you are too lazy to work out or can't bring yourself to eat less then boo-hoo if you can't lose weight. I can't believe what people will do to their bodies to keep from actually WORKING for something. People putting a parasite in their body just because they can't be bothered to eat less. How disgusting.
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    This discussion lead to one of the greatest threads I have EVER read on MFP

Enjoy....It's hysterical

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/332740-tapeworm-diet?error_user_id=9926021&error_username=cantjustcant&hl=tapeworm
  • spookiewon
    spookiewon Posts: 59 Member
    Apparently this way big in the 70s before they learned the dangerous effects.

The NINETEEN seventies? Because I can't imaging the dangerous effects weren't known in the 1970s.

This is why a focus on weight is BAD. Healthiness needs to be the focus, and we have to stop sending the message that people who are larger are not as attractive as those who are smaller, because it makes kids, especially girls, risk their lives to be thin, and there's nothing healthy in that.
  • capaxinfiniti
    capaxinfiniti Posts: 367 Member
    This is awful! I can't believe people talk with such a horrible attitude like some of the women on that show.

Tyra has the craziest people on her show.
  • heresmyinsidevoice
    heresmyinsidevoice Posts: 311 Member
    The tapeworm diet has been around for ages - way before the 70's. The tapeworm diet has been around at least since the early 1900's. Check out this ad from that time:

1181560_f520.jpg

Awww....come on everybody! They're easy to swallow - and there's no ill effects! What the hell could possibly go wrong?
  • merie08
    merie08 Posts: 114 Member
    To me that's only about a half step worse the HCG diet.

lol, true
  • b**** wants to swallow a tape worm because she's 130 pounds.

these girls need serious psychiatric help.
  • ShadowSoldier23
    ShadowSoldier23 Posts: 321 Member
    Desperate people. Or... lazy people. lol Gosh, I don't know ANYONE who can't lose weight if they just follow the age old "calories in calories out" formula. If you are too lazy to work out or can't bring yourself to eat less then boo-hoo if you can't lose weight. I can't believe what people will do to their bodies to keep from actually WORKING for something. People putting a parasite in their body just because they can't be bothered to eat less. How disgusting.

amen! lol. all of these diets people post on here make me want to scream....try the normal calorie counting and watch what you eat diet. it wonderful. lol
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Who cares about health, aren't women only interested in changing their bodies to get men?

The ad made me think about the weight gain ads.

Fat? Tapeworm! Skinny? Weight gain products! You're never allowed to be happy with your body! :laugh:

No diet, no baths!
  • This is really interesting. I wonder if you'd be twice as hungry because you had a tape worm in your body... thus you'd eat more but still lose weight. It's sad how people would want to damage their bodies just for the sake of losing weight.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    This discussion lead to one of the greatest threads I have EVER read on MFP

Enjoy....It's hysterical

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/332740-tapeworm-diet?error_user_id=9926021&error_username=cantjustcant&hl=tapeworm

So many fallen friends. :cry:
  • *Double facepalm* :noway: