Need a Reality Check

Options
Hey, I just need a reality check.

I'm trying to lose the 21 pounds I gained in a year's time after going back to work full-time. I started January 9th at 138 pounds. I've worked out every day except two, I'm following my MFP daily calorie goals - not going over but sometimes falling about 100-200 calories short of my exercise calories -always above 1200 calories though.

Today I weighed 129.75 pounds. So...not quite 8 pounds in almost 7 weeks? I feel like it's going so slow. Am I just being a nut to feel disappointed?

I can definitely SEE a huge difference. My legs have tone again and the muffin top is gone. My size 10s are loose, but the 8s are still a bit tight in the butt and tummy. I know it's all changing. <sigh> Maybe my expectations are skewed.

Replies

• thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Hey, I just need a reality check.

I'm trying to lose the 21 pounds I gained in a year's time after going back to work full-time. I started January 9th at 138 pounds. I've worked out every day except two, I'm following my MFP daily calorie goals - not going over but sometimes falling about 100-200 calories short of my exercise calories -always above 1200 calories though.

Today I weighed 129.75 pounds. So...not quite 8 pounds in almost 7 weeks? I feel like it's going so slow. Am I just being a nut to feel disappointed?

I can definitely SEE a huge difference. My legs have tone again and the muffin top is gone. My size 10s are loose, but the 8s are still a bit tight in the butt and tummy. I know it's all changing. <sigh> Maybe my expectations are skewed.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Be happy no muffin top....I put on an old pair of my fav jeans today and the muffin top is what stands in between me and them now.....Congrats on your success!!:drinker:
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    My mom and I were joking around today and she said she's 150 pounds and wears a size 10 (my size) but when she bends over she wants to throw up. So I said, "Heeey....maybe I could fit into a size 6 afterall!" LOL!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    OMG so funny cause if I laid on the bed I could have buttoned them but I wouldnt even be able to drive my car ...hahah:laugh:
  • ThatDollSally
    ThatDollSally Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    8 lbs in 7 weeks is definately a healthy rate. I wouldn't worry so much, you're making headway and it's showing in your clothes! Besides, with your work outs you may be gaining muscle which will scew the numbers a bit.

Don't sweat it, you're doing great!:flowerforyou:
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    That is how much I have lost. I think the smaller you are, the harder it is anyways
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    That is how much I have lost. I think the smaller you are, the harder it is anyways
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race!!:smile: 8 pounds in a month is great!! Be patient. You don't want to be unrealistic and then get discouraged!:grumble: You don't have that far to go, so keep it up!!:flowerforyou: