What are your little NSV's that take you by suprise?

Options
height: 5'9"
starting weight: 175lbs
current weight: 147.5lbs

Like mine? Well there's each time I cross my legs and I can actually get them crossed! Or when I'm sleeping at night and I need a pillow between my knees to keep them from knocking together. Then there's the fact that I can stoop, crouch and stand up again without my knees clicking and popping! Oh... and all the guys staring at my backside at work isn't that bad either : D

Replies

• nikicrin
    nikicrin Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Every time I comfortably zip up a size 12... Brilliant
  • webdiva1
    webdiva1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Had to scoot the seat in my car forward for, like, the first time ever. And there's loads of room in the seatbelt now. Those are lovely. :)
  • nikki91950
    Options
    went to Universal over the weekend and there was always a space between me and the lap bar because i was never the biggest person on the ride =D
  • aliciar3
    Options
    I ordered a shirt online the other day and when it arrived I looked at it and thought, damnit that's not going to fit. I tried it on anyway and it was loose!
  • grobbygru
    grobbygru Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    giving myself a pedicure easily!!!
  • seph_house
    seph_house Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    every so often i keep scooting over to the one or two people i chat to about weightloss and whisper "*size* *10* * jeans*" and grin.

it's going to be a long time before i stop being amused that i'm wearing UK size 10 trousers, i've NEVER been a size 10 in my life (i seemed to skip straight from kids clothes to women's 12). i <3 strength work :)
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    i can almost fit back into my jeans! and my goal weight is the the same as your weight even though i am 5 8. when i took my pics after six wks even though i havent lost that much weight i can totally see a difference in my body!
  • lts42uk
    lts42uk Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Definitely wearing a UK size 10 trousers and jeans!! Jumpers I now have to get 8/10! :happy: I even got a dress in the summer that was a size 8! If anyone tries to cut out the label I'll cut off their hands!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    My face. Every time I look in the mirror there's a little less fat. I almost have a proper neck!
  • wcsangel
    Options
    Hehe, my (UK) size 10 jeans as well! Every time I button them up without even having to breathe in is the most wonderful feeling in the world.

The first time I put on a size 14 dress and it was so loose that I asked the shop assistant if they had a 12! Couldn't stop grinning. :D

When my extended family and friends ask me if I've lost weight / tell me how good I look. Such a gorgeous feeling!
  • persephone87
    persephone87 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I was taken by surprise when my size 18 jeans fell down while running for a train! Not the best surprise but it's funny in hindsight.
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    My 5 year old son challenged me to do push ups on my toes.

And I did 10 of them.. without actually dying.

That was a pretty awesome NSV :D
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I dont have to keep pulling my jeans up so high anymore just to keep covering my back fat.. Still have it but not as bad as it use to be... My thighs don't rub together as much anymore :)
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    My rings & bracelets are too big! That's kinda why I got into jewelry making was I could not wear anything ready made, it was too tight. Now I have to remake everything. But I'm ok with that! :happy:
    Oh yeah, and my undies are droopy! LOL I can actually go from sunup to sundown, wearing a bra! They used to be so tight that I took it off ASAP! Now when I go to bed at night, it's still a bit of a shocker that I'm still wearing my bra! LOL
  • kristinkt
    kristinkt Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    When I wrap the bath towel around after my shower it now goes all the way around - no skin peeping out where the towel comes together.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    People telling me I need to stop losing weight....I am 7 lbs away from my goal, and haven't yet crossed into the "healthy" BMI range. I have no plans on stopping now when I am so close.
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    My previously snug size 22 jeans wouldn't stay up at my Xmas party. My girls told me I was wearing saggy bum jeans! My size 18s fit but are still rather uncomfortably snug. Should be comfy soon though! =)
  • bono
    bono Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Definitely wearing a UK size 10 trousers and jeans!! Jumpers I now have to get 8/10! :happy: I even got a dress in the summer that was a size 8! If anyone tries to cut out the label I'll cut off their hands!!!!! :bigsmile:

This is great! I have cut the tab off my large sizes so that I didn't have to admit the size. I can't wait until I want to look at the size!

I am early in my journey, but a month ago I could only keep my jeans on for a little while before they were uncomfortable and now they are so baggy that they feel more like sweatpants!
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I think the biggest one was when I was getting ready for work - in the bathroom, mascara in hand, dressed in bra and undies - when I looked off to the side in the reflection I noticed that the fat at the top of my arm (bat wings) was smaller, toned, and not waving as much as usual! That was huge!

Then, buying a pair of 16 slacks - not 16W - for the spring and a pair of 14W in a different manufacturer, also on sale but buying ahead for spring - and then finding out when I tried them on at home that I could actually button and zipper them both! Not ready for public consumption but My Oh My what a great feeling when I my closet was 24-26-28W and some large cut 22Ws... I've given away bagsful of clothing. I used to use Freecycle but there is one woman who would always be the first to respond so now I just send her an email - she belongs to a church and anything she doesn't fit into she gives to other women in the church.

Another NSV from this? She is now exercising and watching her food - she hasn't joined here yet, but she's lost 30 pounds too! I think inspiring another is a GREAT NSV!
  • dointhis4me
    dointhis4me Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Had to scoot the seat in my car forward for, like, the first time ever. And there's loads of room in the seatbelt now. Those are lovely. :)

That's awesome!!