Wow

Options
I'm still working toward my goal! I am so proud of my self. :happy: I can actually zip my coat with out being out of breath and being scared to breath after it was zipped. Was diagnosed as a diabetic Feb 7, 09, which didn't come as a shock being over weight. Dr was glad to see I had already begun a weight loss program.

Replies

• jamad50
    Options
    I'm still working toward my goal! I am so proud of my self. :happy: I can actually zip my coat with out being out of breath and being scared to breath after it was zipped. Was diagnosed as a diabetic Feb 7, 09, which didn't come as a shock being over weight. Dr was glad to see I had already begun a weight loss program.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    wtg!!:drinker:
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Isn't that fun?! To see a noticeable difference like that?! I remember when I could shut the car door without it hitting my hip, lol. It seems comical now, but it was such a huge step to feeling "normal" at the time!

Congratulations! I bet you look beautiful in your coat!
  • Jennnnnnnny
    Jennnnnnnny Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: thats awesome! so happy for you!!!
  • specialsong77
    specialsong77 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Good for you for taking such a proactive approach to your diabetes!!! :smile:

I had a very hard time accepting my diabetes and have gone on for too long just avoiding the fact that I am diabetic and that my diabetes won't get any better until I commit to myself that I want to be healthier and to feel better. For far too long I let my pride and depression rule. No more of that!!!

I wish you all the best! :wink:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    congrats, that is so great. Keep up the great work.
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    WooHoo!!!! That's fantabulous!:drinker:
  • jeffwyeg
    jeffwyeg Posts: 105
    Options
    I'm still working toward my goal! I am so proud of my self. :happy: I can actually zip my coat with out being out of breath and being scared to breath after it was zipped.

Way to go! I felt the same way when I was no longer out of breath after bending over to tie up my shoes! Ha ha!