Never been continuous

Options
Hello everyone,
my name is Maren, i'm 20 (not a teenager anymore and I'm convinced my body shape has changed a lot in a negative way since then haha..), I'm German but am living in Australia.
As much as I love Australia it also makes me fat. First time I came here I put on 13 kg in about six months, then lost 10kg again in another six months. I then spent three months back in Germany and didn't just loose more weight (not sure how much) but also for once worked out seriously and was just starting to be a lot happier with my body in September 2011 when I could also finally go back to Australia.
And since then I put on all the weight and lost all the good toning I had gained (in that one month). So I was serious about it for once and got great results but since then I've been only working out 1-3times a week and have been eating crazily.
Unfortunately eating seems to give me stability and relaxes me in times when I feel lonely.

I have a work out partner now who is great and who also showed me MFP which is great because it helped me to realize a lot more about calories but still the motivation to be continuous and serious about working out as well as not eating too much is lacking a bit. But because having my gorgeous work out partner has helped me a lot I was thinking to be more out there (I mean: here :) could help too.

I've seen some great photos on here which are a great motivation, now I just want to be a part of this community.

I quite tall, 177cm (that 5'9 ?) and have broad shoulders and hips, currently 73kg (160lbs). I'm not sure about what my goal weight is, I just want to loose my belly so I feel great in a bikini and can spend less time getting dressed. I'd be happy to talk to people with similiar goals or experiences. But also really I'd like to talk to anyone who's motivated, who is loosing weight, who is steady, who is positive, good fun ... out there!

Hopefully talk to many of you soon :) !

Replies

• lovinbutterflys
    lovinbutterflys Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am 23, 163 lbs and 5'7 so we are kinda similiar in that aspect so I know about the getting rid of the belly! You can add me as a friend and we can keep each other going and staying focused of our goals of getting healthy. I do understand about using food to help unwind and for comfort. It's all about trying to find something different to fill that void instead of unhealthy food. Hope to hear from you soon!
  • Prozack1964
    Options
    hello and welcome here hope you have a great day
  • marenemma
    marenemma Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you :) great to be here and merry christmas!!