My first Day

Options
So I did my meal list for the day and I am very disappointed in myself. Wow. I never thought that I ate too much until I saw it all on that paper. I printed it and I am going to put it in a binder. I need some motivation. My addiction is FOOD. I really hope this site helps me put into perspective how much I really eat. :ohwell: :cry:

Replies

• heatherandhailey
    Options
    So I did my meal list for the day and I am very disappointed in myself. Wow. I never thought that I ate too much until I saw it all on that paper. I printed it and I am going to put it in a binder. I need some motivation. My addiction is FOOD. I really hope this site helps me put into perspective how much I really eat. :ohwell: :cry:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck to you:flowerforyou:
    You have come to a place where you will have lots of friends, support and advise. Ask away.:smile:
  • heatherandhailey
    Options
    Support is what I need. Thank you for welcoming me. :happy:
  • mitstac17
    mitstac17 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I never realized how many servings I would eat too! I just started Jan 2nd. I went out and bought a food scale and I remember weighing my cereal that morning...I was like, THIS IS IT, YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! However, I must say that it has been getting easier. I lost 5 pounds within 10days so you can imagine what my eating habits were prior to the diet. This week I lost 2 pounds but I have been busting my butt at the gym and eating only 1300 cals a day. Good luck! You can do it!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Welcome.
    You can absolutely do this and we are very glad to have you here.
    :flowerforyou:
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    This really is a great place to start! I had no idea just how much I was eating, but now that I've been here for just over a week and entering everything I put into my mouth, I'm starting to get it! It's hard to break the hand to mouth cycle, but snacks like carrot sticks and popcorn are great for that! I wish you the best of luck!
  • heatherandhailey
    Options
    Thank you, thank you! So much support already. My next question is; I started Curves a week ago and I go three times a week, at thirty minutes each. It is a combination of cardio and strength. How the heck do I enter that in my exercise diary? :frown:
  • mitstac17
    mitstac17 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I just read an article that an unfit woman can burn between 160 to 240 calories in a 30 minute time period at curves and an extremely fit woman can burn over 500 calories in 30 minutes. Plus, I remember seeing a commercial for curves stating that you can burn over 500 calories in 30 minutes. Google it... "Calories Burned at Curves" I bet you can find out that way!
  • heatherandhailey
    Options
    Okay. According to the calorie counter on the Curves website, it says at my weight and 30 minutes, I burn 319 calories per workout. That's more than my goal. :happy:
  • bricker06
    bricker06 Posts: 316
    Options
    good luck to you and welcome:smile: . we have all been in your shoes, it was the first day for all of at one point in time, but i have to tell you it gets so much better when your aware of whats going in. the first week i was starving :mad: all the time but i stuck with it and by the second week i started to feel full after meals and hungry when i should be:smile: . it has been 4 weeks ive only gone over my calories 2 times :ohwell: (it was peanuts and pretzels that did it) but no body let me get down on myself:happy: . everyday is a new day. today i will weigh in, ive worked really hard this week hoping for a 4 pd loss. that would bring me up to 16 pounds gone:happy: :happy: :happy: . it is possible. good luck. jenny:smile: