Odd NSV

Options
ellekay22
ellekay22 Posts: 147 Member
I couldn't sleep last night. I didn't fall asleep until after midnight and got up to feed my 6 month old at 2 and never got back to sleep.

During that time, upstairs, I realized something:

I no longer hide food.

I used to have a box of cookies in my underwear drawer. I used to have chocolates with my pedicure set in the bathroom. I used to have Pringles chips in the closet. This time last year I had Ah! Caramel cakes stashed upstairs too. My secret stash was for times I felt down, tired, or when I thought I needed a treat. It was also a secret.

So, I still have my issues. But this one I'm not going back to.

Replies

• Cordy_in_CT
    Cordy_in_CT Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I used to hide food too, and sneak it, and eat it in my car, and hide the "evidence." - Who was I fooling?? Like just because people didn't see me eating it, they couldn't see the extra 40 pounds on my body???? Just fooling ourselves, really. I'm glad to be done with this too. I feel much more "free" now. I just posted on my wall this morning how i ate 3 bite sized Milkyway candies yesterday at work, but ate them IN FRONT of my co-workers. In the past I would have snuck the candies, then eaten them in private in the bathroom. :cry:
    So sad, and sick, but WE ARE MOVING FORWARD!!! Good for you for recognizing this NSV, and an important step in the right direction. Keep up the good work!!! :flowerforyou:
  • violet_sphinx
    violet_sphinx Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Way to go!

This is not as odd as you'd think! I used to buy sweets/cakes/chocolate bars on my way home from work, demolish them in one or two sittings, and then hide the wrappers at the bottom of the bin before my husband came home. It wasn't conscious, but I began to realise I was hiding the evidence of eating I was ashamed to be doing. I'm not sure how I got past it, but it went hand in hand with starting on MFP. I knew I had to hold myself accountable for what I was eating. Feels great to have the self restraint, doesn't it? :)

Keep up the good work, fellow former secret eaters!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!